Importing MD2s for Scenery Things?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sparkz

Advanced FOFing Concepts
By now, a great many of you are probably aware of my project. I always appreciate your input and advice. I never would have pulled off much of it without all the help, so I'm back for more!!!

If you,ve kept up with the thread then you may also know that "I'll Begin" has offered his MD2 craft to model a large pipe for SSZ. He's pulled it together for me and I converted the model into an MD2. As advised in another help thread I created a generic sprite and a SOC for it. Everything works to this point!!! The SOC is functional and the pipe is represented in gameplay by the generic sprite

I've successfuly incorporated MD2s for all the heros in the game but going back and looking at it I don't know how it all works. Maybe it's me but I find the MD2 deal a little unintuative.

As such, I have no Earthly idea how to get the MD2 pipe onto my map.

Any ideas?

I'd like to add that I don't know how to make MD2s either, so the model I sent him is in OBJ format.

Oh, and Sparkz, I forgot to make it rest on the ground, so you'll need to do that when resizing it to SRB2's size.

I'd like to add that I don't know how to make MD2s either, so the model I sent him is in OBJ format.

That was the easy part actually. I downloaded a program called Quick 3D Professional. It's a 3D viewing and conversion tool. Piece of cake:D

I believe you'd need to set the MD2 to be the pipe's object, if the pipes object is on freeslot 1 I think it would be F001 or something similar. This would mean you'd need to put in the md2.dat "F001 (model name).md2 (size) (offset)". Size will be the amount the model is scaled to in-game to get the right size, you'll have to experiment to get it right, and offset should be 0.0 assuming the model is centred. This could all be wrong though as I haven't tried putting a MD2 over a freeslot object myself yet.

Oh fiddle sticks! I forgot about the DAT file. Yeah, I'm a genious. It works:D It seams to be on it's side and it still needs a skin but it's there!!!

yGDNK.png

Yeah you'll need to rotate and resize it, and it looks like it's inside out too.

Since you told me in PM that it's back-to-front, you just need to flip it.

Inside out, huh? Is that why the walls clossest to the player are not being rendered? Cause' that would make a whole lot of sence.

EDIT:
Yeah you'll need to rotate and resize it, and it looks like it's inside out too.

Since you told me in PM that it's back-to-front, you just need to flip it.

The size looks OK to me but all I have is a simple conversion tool. I don't know the first thing about editing these models ie. rotating or flipping. It sounds easy enough to figure out but I don't have the tools to do so.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back