help with server.

Status
Not open for further replies.

heroofrock

Back, and 20% better!
I forwarded my port, did everything to get my server running, and it keeps saying it is unreachable. Help please?

Is it really forwarded? Unless it is forwarded CORRECTLY, it won't show up or practically say it is unreachable..

Try forward it or find a program that can help you forward...

well maybe it is unreachable... can u give me any screenshots at all please so I can try to figure out?
Or it cannot be shown in MS but can be seen AT the server list...

Disable your firewall when you're playing, it can blocks certain ports, like the SRB2 port.
Some questions: The port that you've forwarded is an UDP port? Because the SRB2 only uses the UDP port.
The port that you've forwarded is the 5029?

Last edited:
There.. PHCC gave you the answer...

But here I'm telling you...:
You can also see someone who ( IMO ) can host and CAN'T host when they join your server ( if you can fully forward it... )

This is the example:
XXX.XX.XX.X:5029 , IMO he/she CAN host server , on the other hand:
XXX.XX.XX.X:15039 , IMO he/she CAN'T host server...

The :5029 or the :15039 is the Port you are currently forwarded to.. ( only IMO... I don't know if it is wrong.. )

Disable your firewall when you're playing, it can blocks certain ports, like the SRB2 port.
Some questions: The port that you've forwarded is an UDP port? Because the SRB2 only uses the UDP port.
The port that you've forwarded is the 5029?
1:yes, it is set to UDP.
2:yes, it is 5029.
3:I tried disabling my firewall, and it was still unreachable.

Does your router have a firewall? If so try disabling it. My router has a firewall and it took me months to figure out that the firewall was what was keeping me from hosting in the first place. My router has a DMZ feature. It specifies what computer to put outside the NAT firewall. All I have to do is enter my computers static IP address and the firewall will no longer block Srb2. Check if your router has such a feature and if it does do the same as I did. If I remember correctly you can still keep your computers firewall on and still be able to host on Srb2 by adding the port 5029 as an exception in the firewall. This tells your computers firewall to make sure port 5029 stays open and does not block it. Hope this helps.

Does your router have a firewall? If so try disabling it. My router has a firewall and it took me months to figure out that the firewall was what was keeping me from hosting in the first place. My router has a DMZ feature. It specifies what computer to put outside the NAT firewall. All I have to do is enter my computers static IP address and the firewall will no longer block Srb2. Check if your router has such a feature and if it does do the same as I did. If I remember correctly you can still keep your computers firewall on and still be able to host on Srb2 by adding the port 5029 as an exception in the firewall. This tells your computers firewall to make sure port 5029 stays open and does not block it. Hope this helps.
Ok. let me say something...
THANK YOU!!! It works now!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back