Official Level Design Contest - November Voting

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, here is a slightly humorous result to the best contest we've had so far. It's a direct tie. Nightmare Ring Zone and Rainbow Stadium Zone both got two sevens, an eight, and a nine.

Thanks to a lot (3 minutes at 3 AM) of thought, I concluded to simply have two LOTMs, and since the contest spanned October and November, and there was a winning submission from each month, that solves the problem quite nicely.

Hence:

Nightmare Ring Zone wins the Level of the Month for October
Rainbow Stadium Zone wins the Level of the Month for November

Thanks to all the participants for providing some of the best netgames I've played in a long time. See you next month!

Digiku said:
Seriously, the new textures added some great spice to the map, and the graphics and decoration were excellent, as they always are with Digi's maps.

Heh, I was always known much better as a decorator than a gameplay designer :P
Me too. I can make pretty, glitch-free places, but in gameplay...

I'm glad the results matched the maps they did. Yes it was a good month(s).

Hey, don't think you're the only one. I suck at making gameplay-filled lvels too, ya'know :(

I'm like the exact opposite there. I can easily make a level with good gameplay, but it's generally ugly as hell =P

Are you kidding? When I compare my maps to the official ones, the one major thing that stands out is how much uglier mine are. It seems like no matter how I try to place the rings and flowers and flags, the layout looks jarring and strikingly wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back