• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

Kart Krew™'s exe mods

Amazing.
Why wouldn't 2.2 sprites be used there?

Sonic's head definitely looks more like it does in 2.1 than 2.2, but it's actually been given a lovely touch up and so in effect is more like a blend of the two Sonics. Tails has a spriteset that is completely unique to Kart, while Knuckles and Metal Sonic have sprites based on their existing sprites—this is all as far as I can tell, anyway.

(i know it's SRB2 Kart 2.1 not 2.2 but, hey it's delaying 2.2!)

Where'd you get that idea? The overlap between Kart Krew and the main team is fairly small.

LATE 2018 EDIT: Well I guess this is true now but for an entirely different reason, RIP

Last edited:
102517thumb.png

https://youtu.be/50adzDYkVNc

Why are some of the character icons upside down?
Those are test characters for different kart types.

When is it coming out?
When it's done.

Last edited:
So it's been like 2 months since you've seen a traditional update post from yours truly, but that just means there's a lot of update posts coming for the next few weeks. we've been on a roll in terms of motivation thanks to new members of the Krew picking up parts that old members never worked on. Strength in numbers!

srb20121.png

TehRealSalt & Seventh Sentinel love to do mock ups of cool hud changes all the time. Throw in a toaster and the result is the above picture. I'll let you take in the details instead of boring you with an explanation.

srb20010.png

Tryannosaur Chao has been doing a pretty great job of re-imagining levels from official sonic titles into SRB2Kart. Here's his second latest creation, Colosseum, from Sonic Battle.

uRX7MBd.png

There's a lot more that's been updated than just these two things, but I prefer to keep my posts pretty brief. Gotta make these weekly thread updates last, y'know?

Last edited:
Wow looks really Clean and the use of the 2.2-esque Character setup screen is a great suprise to see. And that Reimagined map looks great!

Great work guys!

Let's talk about ports a bit.

Normally, most of us in the Krew like to avoid ports like the plague. The era of D00DKart64 was packed full of them in order to fluff out the roster due to a lack of original themes and ideas. Thanks to (almost entirely) Blitz-T, and the rest of the mapping side of KartKrew, our original courses vastly outnumber the amount of ports that were in D00DKart64. They've also been cleaned out of our roster to make way for cleaner material.

For instance, this is the D00DKart64 version of GBA Rainbow Road:
maxresdefault.jpg

This is the current GBA Rainbow Road in our port roster, made by TehRealSalt:
srb20012.png

The difference may seem small at first glance, but the course functions as close to the original material as possible while still feeling like SRB2Kart.

ZarroTsu has made a number of other Super Mario Kart ports that sparked the level of quality GBA Rainbow Road received, maybe we'll see some of those next week.

Salt is really putting in the work mapping for you guys, can't wait to see what else is in store. Keep up the good work guys!

Christmas break is almost here, so keep calm and CHECK your six.

srb20010.gif

Here's a map by me that's just been started. Only the visuals and a small portion of the layout have been completed, but progress is moving along smoothly. I made the skybox using the CD assets from Lat's CD levelpack, thanks Lat!

srb20008.gif

Time for a history lesson!

Almost every single map that released with the mario kart extension of SRB2Riders for 1.09.4 has been completely removed with one exception, Pipe Speedway by Blade.

Here's Pipe Speedway all the way back in 1.09.4. Back when SRB2Kart was only a side-bonus to SRB2Riders, maps were made for the sake adding as much content as possible, no one really knew what made a "good" course.
hqdefault.jpg

In 2.0, Pipe Speedway returns once again, leading the charge with a more dynamic layout. Visually improved from 1.09.4 and a good example what a basic course for Kart should look like.
maxresdefault.jpg

Here's the current version of Pipe Speedway:
srb20015.gif

Blade was the first to the scene the moment slopes came into play for SRB2Kart. While it doesn't sit in the map01 spot anymore, Pipe Speedway continues to be the go-to example of what makes a Kart map interesting and enjoyable.

Screenshots of the pipe speedway revamp have been floating around forever, feels like, but this is the first time I've seen that checkered turn in motion. It's rather mesmerizing.

Wishing everyone a Merry Kartmas with this weekly update!

The revamp to Blue Mountain is a work-in-progress visually, but it is a fully complete, race-able course. It makes use of some new ice physics that were granted to us by toaster to make its banked turns provide a much different feel from normal curves.

srb20017.gif

srb20018.gif

Hope you all enjoy your time off and any presents you received!

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back