To all those going 'OMG I CANT CONECT 2TEH MASTASERVA!'

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can open the ports for ya tomorrow if you want n00b... err.. I mean Cue...

Also PHPBB3 is a peice of crap that should never even be talked about in my presence ever.... EVER!!

I disagree with Kroze in this instance. PHPBB3 is pretty good and has a bunch of great features. Problem is, those features are all in a mangled mess. Its interface is terribly unorganized, and there are lots of redundant options as well.

Kroze, Random said you didn't have access to both the software and hardware firewall?

Silver Sonic said:
keep up the good work cue!
Can't wait to play online with less of the lags I experienced with my 2mbit line

You do realize the master server doesn't affect in-game lag...

Muffet said:
Silver Sonic said:
keep up the good work cue!
Can't wait to play online with less of the lags I experienced with my 2mbit line

You do realize the master server doesn't affect in-game lag...
uhm no
well you are half right but if the server has more capabilities it can control more people without problems not all lags are on the client side

My server admin is very cautious on security and wants to make extra precautions guys, may take longer than originally anticipated, just be patient, the servers on the MS are rarely any good anyways.

srb2.servegame.org said:
Great Success !
Apache is working on your cPanel® and WHM™ Server
Looks like they've taken another step in creating a control panel. (Sorry if this is old'd)

Anyways, judging by the fact that a control panel is possible, autobans made by SRB2 are possible. (If gametype is co-op and there are no exit sectors in the map, ban server host if he doesn't change the map within 5 minutes.

Kaysakado said:
srb2.servegame.org said:
Great Success !
Looks like they've taken another step in creating a control panel. (Sorry if this is old'd)

Anyways, judging by the fact that a control panel is possible, autobans made by SRB2 are possible. (If gametype is co-op and there are no exit sectors in the map, ban server host if he doesn't change the map within 5 minutes.
I dont like that Idea because some people host RPing off of the ms so that it is allowed, and that idea would ban them too.

flyer3f said:
Kaysakado said:
srb2.servegame.org said:
Great Success !

I dont like that Idea because some people host RPing off of the ms so that it is allowed, and that idea would ban them too.

No, we know that you're allowed to RP off the ms, therefore, we don't ban those servers, simple as that, the only way you can ban someone
who's rping off the ms is to join by ip, then ban them, which we'll never do, because you're perfectly allowed to rp off the master server.
We're talking about going into the master server list, and banning people who are hosting on the master server and rping, people who are
rping off the ms are not on the ms list, not breaking any rules, and therefore will be not be affected by any bans.

Re: ?

super silvex said:
is the master server going to be up today? if so what time?, if not when?

How many times have you asked now? I would quote them, but I'm lazy and don't want to.

The MS is a very fragile system, currently, which is why it's upgrading to a whole new and improved MS. I have no idea how they do it, but I get the feeling that port 28900 is a pretty critical step in this. I just think we need to let Team Cue do its magic...and...fast. *shot*

Re: ?

Gemini Spark said:
super silvex said:
is the master server going to be up today? if so what time?, if not when?

How many times have you asked now? I would quote them, but I'm lazy and don't want to.

The MS is a very fragile system, currently, which is why it's upgrading to a whole new and improved MS. I have no idea how they do it, but I get the feeling that port 28900 is a pretty critical step in this. I just think we need to let Team Cue do its magic...and...fast. *shot*

We only want their best estimate...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Back