>_> multiplayer

Status
Not open for further replies.

kitfox

I'm having alot of trouble joining games, because everyone has these custom characters and stuff... it's really annoying.

Is there some sort of page with all the custom characters?

uh... sorry if I posted in the wrong section.

I recently found this game, and it reminds me of MUGEN in that you can make characters and levels...

I like that it's online, but it's a real PAIN to find someone who has the same characters.

Anyone wanna play...?

I have the "AmyRose3.1", Don_Patchv2, Fearthesonic, Shadow.wad, and I think that's it for extra stuff I have. I really wanna play tonight and I only have an hour left to play :(

edit:
Oh I know how it works, I'm not internet newbie.

I was just wondering if perhaps you guys took the better of the characters/skins/whatevers and put them on a page. I guess not.

It's really a pain to try and sift through all these pages to find the stuff.

edit again:
you made me double post!

We already have a section for that, and that's located here:

http://mystic.sepwich.com/srb2wad

Unfortunately, it would seem that many inexperienced players tend to load as many WADs as possible, no matter if they are obscure or not. This breaks gameplay as well as rendering the game inaccessible to most everyone. My advice is to simply not join those games. In fact, those kinds of servers make up 90% of games on the Master Server. This is sad, but true.

I find that netgames are more enjoyable when arranged through IRC by one of our experienced community regulars. When done this way, you get someone that knows how to host a game properly and not be abusive of their accord. This usually lends to a much more positive netplay experience overall.

Believe it or not, but we may actually consider taking down the Master Server, due to its failure to bring accessible, enjoyable games, and privatizing netplay. The horrendous quality of the many public SRB2 netgames out there is astounding.

I don't think it's a failure, sure...there are alot of nooby servers...but it's not hard to find a GOOD game

If over 75% of the servers suck, then yes, it is a failure. Said case is true, as of lately.

Believe it or not, but we may actually consider taking down the Master Server, due to its failure to bring accessible, enjoyable games, and privatizing netplay. The horrendous quality of the many public SRB2 netgames out there is astounding.
I can just see the hordes of "where is the ms" posts now.

woo I came off as a huge noob huh?

I have to stop that.

Anywho, now that I've read the facts, I think I'm understanding. Anyone ever heard of Hamachi...?

kitfox said:
woo I came off as a huge noob huh?

I have to stop that.

Anywho, now that I've read the facts, I think I'm understanding. Anyone ever heard of Hamachi...?
Came off as a huge noob?

I think you started off by pointing out a VERY big problem in the SRB2 community

kitfox said:
I'm having alot of trouble joining games, because everyone has these custom characters and stuff... it's really annoying.
Why yes, yes it is. And I really do wish people would STOP adding tons of wads so I can actually join a game when I want to. It would be nice if the game would redirect SRB2 to an http download of the wad so you don't have to A) Get booted out of the game or B) Download it all slow-like off the server.

Shuffle said:
kitfox said:
Why yes, yes it is. And I really do wish people would STOP adding tons of wads so I can actually join a game when I want to. It would be nice if the game would redirect SRB2 to an http download of the wad so you don't have to A) Get booted out of the game or B) Download it all slow-like off the server.

Not really possible unless they take well written documentation as to where each and every wad submitted anywhere can be downloaded from... which is impossible, since the interwebs is huge.

At any rate, the best way is to set up a game over xfire or msn or a chat program.

Well, no, it would get the URL from the server. Probably stored in a lump of the wad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back