Certain graphics look bad in OpenGL.

Status
Not open for further replies.

SteelT

Developer
Sonic Team Junior
Kart Krew™️
Here is an image of the same screen in software.
p6qsn.png
And here how it looks in OpenGL
p6qqr.png
Why does this happen, I was playing at 640x480 on both renders, and changing the resolution don't change anything.

Last edited by a moderator:
What happens when you try one of the "green" resolutions? I'm just wondering since 640x480 is definitely not one of them, and it could be just the quit graphic (which is only 320x200) stretching itself to fill the screen or such.

What happens when you try one of the "green" resolutions? I'm just wondering since 640x480 is definitely not one of them, and it could be just the quit graphic (which is only 320x200) stretching itself to fill the screen or such.
Tried 640x400, still the same. Then I tried 320x200, it didn't improve it, just got worst.

Turn gr_voodoocompatibility off. It downsamples all graphics to a maximum size of 256x256 for some oooold graphics cards that don't support any larger texture size.

Turn gr_voodoocompatibility off. It downsamples all graphics to a maximum size of 256x256 for some oooold graphics cards that don't support any larger texture size.
That seem to have fixed it, I enabled it at some point, hoping the fps would have improved.

Marking as invalid since this was due to gr_voodoocompatibility being turned on on the reporter's end rather than any actual issue with OpenGL.

(wow the crazy things people are doing to "fix" 2.1.15's FPS problems)

Honestly this makes me wonder more why Voodoo compatibility mode is even still in the game. It's not the 90s anymore. I have to assume nobody is using a graphics card that old.

what are you talking about, i've always used hip modern devices like the Microsoft Surface Pro 3^tm to allow me to do development work AND have fun On The Go

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back