Why was the bot feature removed?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello, I'm new here. I'm Endless, Endless Blaze. Nice to meet you. I have a quick question for you guys.

There never was a bot feature that could have been removed.

EDIT: Apparently, this was my 3,000th post and D00D64 wants me to acknowledge it. There you go ;)

Last edited:
Hello there. And welcome.

Depends on what version and EXE mod you meant.

Before, during SRB2 version 1.09.4, bots were found only in SRB2JTE mod. Currently, after SRB2 v2.00 release, bot feature can be found in SRB2Cineblast (docs and download). However, bots never were found in vanilla/main SRB2 EXE.

Last edited:
Hello there. And welcome.

Depends on what version and EXE mod you meant.

Before SRB2 version 1.09.4, bots were found only in SRB2JTE mod. Currently, after SRB2 v2.00 release, bot feature can be found in SRB2Cineblast (docs and download). However, bots never were found in vanilla/main SRB2 EXE.

Never thought of that. Hmm...

Just now: Yay! I finally got it working! :D

Last edited:
The reason why bots aren't supported in the main game is because they are cumbersome and don't really work right. I recall the old JTE bots were only good for running in large circles and shooting blindly. If Cinefast made some for the new system, he must have programmed them to work with the weapons, but its pretty much impossible to make an AI system sophisticated enough to properly take advantage of it. SRB2's multiplayer basically doesn't work with bots.

JTE's bots don't actually see the level, they can only see the objects, so they're hopeless in any map which is split up into rooms (as are the majority of 2.0 Match maps). That being said, I remember they could actually keep up in open maps such as Sapphire Falls and Meadow Match. It helped that the weapons in 1.09.4 were automatically activated so all the bots needed to do was pick up some rail and proceed to own you with flawless shots from across the map.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back