F. Sonic

Status
Not open for further replies.
Suicide WAS used. I did that exact thing once in water and it's rare that the drown sprite shows using suicide in water.

Suicide WAS used. I did that exact thing once in water and it's rare that the drown sprite shows using suicide in water.

Well i would imagine that would happen since you used a command that kills the player rather than drown.

Good find, I think the way characters die may be broken. I noticed that sometimes your character will move up when die, passing the camera. I should probably report this bug. When I manage to reproduce it again.
That always(?) happens when you don't have -1 Rings when dead. The easiest way to reproduce this is dying in singleplayer with Sonic & Tails, then using Player 2 controls to make Tails run into a Ring while Sonic is dead.

I'm pretty sure the sliding glitch is an Axis2D bug rather than an FSonic bug. (I think it's related to the new trig lookup tables in 2.1.15)

The top speed and thok issues are probably because Axis2D removes the player's normalspeed and has its own recreated control code. Axis2D would need changes to even make it possible for FSonic to add a fix for those.

(Also wow, multiple other people are using Axis2D. p cool tbh)

Last edited:
Secondcolor.wad: Fsonic Update

Same here! Routing for ya ^_^
That HYPE Dough :P

Wow alots of people use this and not 2.1 Sonic

---------- Post added at 10:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:17 PM ----------

Wow alots of people use this sonic and not Original Sonic 2.2 is here boys

I'm fairly confident SRB2 staff has said before that there are no plans to change Sonic's gameplay in the future, and especially not for 2.2. F. Sonic's mechanics are only for this wad. Porting the pre-2.2 Sonic sprites to future versions would be about as valuable as porting 2.0 Knuckles... though, people did that, too.

Because the old Sonic is shit. And no it isn't.

It's not shit. It's consistent. It was just recently that people came with some "superior" sprites and more mechanics to the game. Chuckles was the first, then Roach entered the devs(I don't remember very well, correct me if I'm wrong.) "Lat" made Tails CD which looks much better than the vannilla Tails, altough he is not bad, CD made him look outdated. Smiles will substitute the current Tails, so only time will tell.

Although I've felt Sonic unbalanced against the other players if they know how to thok with pin point precision. What makes him cheap IMO is the mouse control. As long a Sonic players knows a level from bottom to top, they'll be in advantage.

I don't like Tails CD that much, it's not very consistent in terms of quality and I don't think it's a suitable Tails replacement yet.

Although I've felt Sonic unbalanced against the other players if they know how to thok with pin point precision. What makes him cheap IMO is the mouse control. As long a Sonic players knows a level from bottom to top, they'll be in advantage.

Thank God someone knew Vanilla Sonic's problem. I only hope Mystic can understand this and allow Sonic to have a great ability with consideration of all of the players' skill level.

Sorry for the probably pointless question, but, I for the life of me cannot figure out how to use the Hyper lua with Frickin' Sonic. Could anyone tell me how to do it?

Sorry for the probably pointless question, but, I for the life of me cannot figure out how to use the Hyper lua with Frickin' Sonic. Could anyone tell me how to do it?

The default hyper.lua only has effect on vanilla Sonic. If you want it on FSonic, you have to open the script and change every instance of "sonic" to "fsonic" and you should be fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back