Running animation resets after landing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lat'

Absolute territory where
Kart Krew™️
While I was trying to help scripting Shadow, I noticed that running off a ledge resets the running animation, at first I thought it was because the running script was old and all, but I quickly figured that it happens with every character;
upon landing from running off a ledge, the characters seem to be set to their first walking frame for 1 tic, and then only switch back to running.

Again, this issue, while hardly noticeable with normal characters with a fast 4 frames run cycle, is the most noticeable while playing as Shadow, and can be spotted by taking a frame perfect pause right as you land as any character.

To add to this, walking/running off a ledge also affects the speed that the animations run at. As in, if you walked off a ledge (or you're otherwise walking while not on the ground), your walking animation is always going to animate at a fixed speed, regardless of how fast you were before leaving the ground.

This is in contrast to 2.0 and before, which kept the speed your walking/running animation was at last when you're walking/running in mid-air.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back