The Super Sonic Monitor (supermonitor.wad)

Status
Not open for further replies.

FuriousFox

AKA FuriousFox
http://www4.ncsu.edu/~whbranno/supermonitor.wad

For those of you who liked to play around with Debug Mode in Sonic 3 and Knuckles, you may remember this monitor. Destroying this monitor will cause you to transform into Super Sonic, whether you have all of the emeralds or not. Unfortunately, due to the limitations of the SOC format, there are two things that I couldn't add that I wanted to add: the transformation animation (you just instantly transform with this monitor) and having it give you 50 rings (the Super Sonic powerup stuff overlaps with the ring amount setting).

Also, I'd like to note that I'm not the first one to make this. Draykon figured out how to do it before I did, and made an SOC for his own Super Sonic monitor, though it was mixed in with a whole bunch of other stuff he was experimenting with at the time. I guess you could say we kinda found it together; I found all of the data in the source code for putting it together, but he was the one that figured out how to make it work.

I'll probably upload a test map a little later, but for right now, the Super Sonic monitor is mapthingnum 8001, in case any of you want to use it.

EDIT: Test map now available. Please note that it's very basic, just to show that the monitor works. The map doesn't even have a thok barrier.
http://www4.ncsu.edu/~whbranno/supersonictest2.wad

Heh... Pretty interesting...

there can be in a srb2 Sonic 3 mod (which I would like to make)... and Debug mode would be object place... lol... :lol:

But it would have been nice if you combined the Wads... its kinda strange having to add them both separately

You should put this in SRB2, for people who love to cheating using Objectplace, and make it exactly like the one in S3/&K.

The Super Sonic monitor. It gave you super speed and invulnerability, but Super Sonic was implied.

Bigboi said:
The Super Sonic monitor. It gave you super speed and invulnerability, but Super Sonic was implied.

Super Sonic was implied because this monitor depicted a S on the front of it in the exact same way the S3/K monitor does. And that it makes you play a heckuva lot like Super Sonic.

EDIT:

FF: How many rings do you get? Oh wait, you just stay with whatever you have.

those were time stones in sonic cd.not chaos emeralds.in sonic 2 you needed to get level select with game genie.and type a certain code in sound test for debug and super.In sonic3&k, you go to the swinging vines on angel island and do <<<>>>^^^(left,left,left,right,right,right,up,up,up) and you should here a chime.Then you go to level select and do the same at mushroom hill on the pully things.then hold a and select a level.

FF, if you called A_CustomPower twice(perhaps with A_DualAction), you could add 50 rings and cause the transformation.

No I couldn't, because the ReactionTime is set to 12, which means that I could only increase the amount of rings you get by increments of 12. The closest I could possibly get is having it give you 48 rings.

Perhaps make it A_FireShot another monitor icon, one that uses A_TargetsTarget (Or whatever it's called) and then gives you 50 rings.

FuriousFox said:
No I couldn't, because the ReactionTime is set to 12, which means that I could only increase the amount of rings you get by increments of 12. The closest I could possibly get is having it give you 48 rings.

See A_SetReactionTime.

Hmm, okay. Man, I've been out of the SOCing loop for so long, I'm not used to all these new things. How do you use it? The SOC Editor says that both Var1 and Var2 are unused.

I have a rather extreme suggestion

if it isnt against the rules someone should make a wad that allows debug mode in netplay/2p

or even better, a wad that allows two ppl at one computer in netplay(via the splitscreen command maybe? )

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back