Dedicated Server Launcher :UPDATE 3:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sky Ninja

This is a Dedicated Server launcher for srb2. It asks you what gametype you want, what level you want, lets you add up to ten wads (all others must be added ingame) and asks if you want to use a different exe.
UPDATE: I've updated the file adding system. You can now add up to ten files, and the process is much easier. It also has a new icon.
UPDATE 2: You can now enter server data (servername, max players, etc.) in the launcher. You can also set up a password for admins.
UPDATE 3: Internet server is now optional. After closing the game using the "quit" command, you are asked if you want to host another.
DedicatedServerLauncher.PNG

Downloads:
Main Download

MD5 hash:
80e0975af54babdee44bf96bcb2cb6c2

<strike>EDIT: I forgot to mention, this application will work from anywhere on your computer if you put the entire directory for srb2 in the alternate exe option.
E.G. C:\Program Files\SRB2\srb2win.exe
Unfortunately, due to the fact that SRB2 checks the place where run from, you must have a copy of SRB2.srb in the folder you run the program from.
Also, if the directory has a space in it (e.g. Program Files), you must put quotations around the entire directory.</strike>
Due to the update, this program must be run from the SRB2 folder.

*gives SkyNinja 1 internet*
I was wondering when someone would make this.
*Downloads at the speed of light while in Chaos Control*

sonic260 said:
use the servername command. simple

You have to put it in adedserv.cfg, since one the server is registered it's stuck with that name till you restart it.

The launcher closes as soon as it loads. Help?

I need more info. What operating system are you on and which download did you use? The program may have become corrupted in the upload/download. Also, if you're on Vista, it's kind of screwy with these programs, but it shouldn't cause it to automatically shutdown.

I use win98, and I tried the first two. Keeps coming up with an error message, and when you it "ok" it closes out of it.

I think some of the commands may not be compatible with 98. I'm guessing this might be set. What does the error say?

B2e

This program has preformed an illegal operation
and will be shut down.

If the proplem persists, contact the program vendor.

B2e? Hm... I have no clue. I guess it won't work on '98, but to make sure, I'll pm you the batch file version to see if you get the same error.

Sky Ninja said:
Ah. Well, I guess it doesn't go here then... now what? Will it end up moved?

Doubt it, it's Miscellaneous, which while they give the two common examples, I think it'd be anything else that isn't a level, mod, model or character.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back