Old Rules Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.
True. My cousin is a chao fanatic, and he made a psp game (like a rip) of the gardens from GCB games. He is only 15. Look for it, it is pretty decent. And it has gardens from all the games!

Not to mention, look at all the game creators here. J-man for instance. He can make very good games with TGF. And, most everyone here, has made an add-on to srb2. And the people who havent, are new, or simply dont have the time. But that is not a fair assumption.

Shuffle said:
- How old are you? If you are under the age of 18, I highly doubt you're going to get anywhere, especially because you have to take classes for game development.
You don't necessarily need to be in college or anything to make/work on a game. I'm only 17 and I've made a DS game and improved a couple modes in SRB2..
Well, yeah, messing around with games is a bit different than professional development.

Shuffle said:
As for the rest of your post. That was a bit harsh, don't you think?

Hell no. Seriously, understand that it was his second post, and he joined a day ago. A day ago. He was asking for a bit more than he could chew (hell, he bit off more than that), don't you think? Here's what I think he was asking, but I can't be too sure because his grammar was off;

- Administrative Powers
- Automatic Creditability with the creation of SRB2
- Wads/Modifications for him to have early to "beta test", even though he would have no blatant idea to what he's testing
- If he thought this was a professional game (IE, a demo of what would actually be sold in the future), then payment for him to be part of the team for no reason

If you don't tell people like this (noobs) that it's wrong the first time they do it (much like a domestic animal's (dog's) behavior), they will continue to think it's alright to do it, even though it isn't. You can't honestly say that I wasn't (at the very least) being fair, right?

(Sorry for the crude writing of this post, it was a lot better the first time, but because of Crapwich, the post didn't send the first time, and when I clicked back, the entire post was erased.)

Segmint said:
Shuffle said:
- How old are you? If you are under the age of 18, I highly doubt you're going to get anywhere, especially because you have to take classes for game development.
You don't necessarily need to be in college or anything to make/work on a game. I'm only 17 and I've made a DS game and improved a couple modes in SRB2..
Well, yeah, messing around with games is a bit different than professional development.

Who says you can't make real games from scratch if you're under 18? Your logic seems to imply that there's a definitive age limit to being able to develop your own game. That doesn't make any sense at all. I've seen great games made from scratch by people as young as 12.

Segmint said:
Shuffle said:
Making a DS game from scratch is "messing around"..?

To be truefull, I WASN'T asking for any admin powers - besides, I'm currently working on a possable add-on for SRB2. At the moment, there's only two zones drawn out, but I'm planning to make ten by the end of this - seven main zones, and three bonus zones. And if I didn't help out with SRB2, I'm not asking for my name to be up there. Yes, I'm only 15, but I'm allready doing A-levels in maths, and when I move to college, I will be doing computing - I would even take it to University level if nessorary!

Besides, if anything, I could just help out with ideas.

Oh, I'm also sorry about making you not have a good mood, Segmint. I DID read the rules, but I might had glossed over the rest in a attempt to ask you about what I asked.

Adam Hillman.

You know what? I'm not going to bother.
Do whatever you want Ah, but don't expect yourself to be in high prase.

By the way, I don't think you need to have A's in a math class to make maps, dude.

"Sonic Team Jr." is not really a development team as much as it is a loose group of people who happen to be trusted enough not to spoil anything. We don't need newbies in the group. If you're THAT interested in getting in, the people that are in the group generally got there by being generally helpful and making stuff for SRB2.

I don't expect to need another level designer for the duration of the project, though.

Well, this mod I'm hoping to make is going to be a... what do you call it... a spin-off to SRB2. Although you might not need another level designer for SRB2, it might be that in SRB3 - IF there was a SRB3 - you might need another one with that. Plus I was thinking about another mode - a bit like the NiGHTS levels, but more of on a strait line - like the specal stages in Sonic Heroes, or more like the final boss in Sonic Heroes (as well as another Sonic game - but I can't remember whitch one) - could be made for the specal stages (as well as part of the mod I'm planning to make), adding another vantage point (and increasing the playabitity and leangth of time that people will play it) to the game. These are just ideas on how to expand SRB2, or how SRB3 can be made.

Adam Hillman.

P.S. I know it's not nessory, but by using maths, I might be able to figure out how quick a certain level might take.

P.P.S. Segmint, I won't expect prase unless I help out enough. At the moment, I'm not helping out enough to get prase, but soon, I'll try my best to help out.

P.P.P.S. If you want to know more about the mod I'm planning, I'll start a topic about it. But as it's still in devolpent stage, there won't be any screenshots untill later on.

lol im makign a mod 2 but im not don wit it wel actully i dint start but i gonna start but i need a team first who wants to joing

- SEGMINT: KING
- empy: character maker
- empty: level maker
- empty: soc maker
-empty: EXE maker

ok????

I love the "When it's done" saying, because it makes so much sense.
By the by, using math to calculate how much time it would take is irrational. A wad should take as much time as much effort is put into making it. Honestly, I don't see any way to calculate how much effort into time, not to mention there are a lot of other aspects to level making.

Segmint, if you put as much work into your schoolwork as you do your mega-posts on this message board, you'd be top of the class...

As for ah2190, don't think you'll be handed everything on a silver platter in life. You can't call yourself a good developer unless you have the evidence to back it up.

Wait, where'd that come from?

I do put that much effort in my school work, and am expecting to get reccomended to one of the top colleges in the country (perferably an Ivy League, like Yale or Columbia University).

Mind you.

cueball61 said:
As for ah2190, don't think you'll be handed everything on a silver platter in life. You can't call yourself a good developer unless you have the evidence to back it up.

Ok, so you will need proof that I'm a good developer. I know that you can't be handed things like that on a silver platter most of the time - but I'm going to improve my skills untill I can call myself one, and that others know that I am one. But for now I'll focus on planning and developing SRB2:EQ and SRB2:AEQ.

Adam Hillman.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back