Fixed THZ2: Bad textures and other sources of misery

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fred

Now, I know you're not supposed to dump lots of different things in the same topic, but there's a lot of these and since I assume the same person will (hopefully!) take a look at them, I figured it'd be best to just have it all in one place. Now, then:

thz2_bad_textures_1.png

Big-ass missing texture on this wall.

thz2_bad_textures_2.png

You can run right through these fences, which doesn't make much sense at all.

thz2_bad_textures_3.png

These textures seem like they were meant to tile to the floor, but don't. On one of such corners the textures are missing entirely.

thz2_bad_textures_4.png

Knuckles can climb on this texture, whereas in Act 1 it's explicitly used as a "Knuckles can't climb this" texture. That's kinda contradictory.

thz2_bad_textures_5.png

Missing bit of wall and bad ceiling heights overall in this part of the level.

Also, while I'm at it, and since these aren't really bugs per se, I'm just gonna take this opportunity to vent:

thz2_bad_textures_6.png

This room is very ugly. All the textures blend together which makes it hard to read the shape of the walls; on first impression, it seems like it only extends a few floortiles further.

thz2_bad_textures_7.png

Backing away, the distance lighting helps to point out that no, there's actually a whole other area in the back, but it's still hard to gauge where everything ends and starts.

Also, that conveyor belt leading into the wall makes absolutely no sense.

thz2_bad_textures_8.png

It's kind of misleading to use conveyor belt textures on things that aren't actually conveyor belts. Are we really that strapped for textures that we can't avoid the ambiguity?

thz2_bad_textures_9.png

Minor quirk, but I feel like I should be getting dragged off from up here. The slime is, after all.

thz2_bad_textures_10.png

Finally, these things just don't look right at all.

Also, am I the only one who thinks Act 3 doesn't make any sense anymore? You ride an elevator up a highrise and then find yourself in an underground tunnel? What is this, SD Snatcher?

Last edited by a moderator:
(Might as well say this since this topic discusses textures, but most of the texture alignment in 2.1 is pretty bad, and really makes the levels seem ugly)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back