I need SRB2.wad!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh, thanks!

---------- Post added at 09:08 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:04 AM ----------

OK, I tried to run SRB2 v2.0.4, but it said "srb2.srb/srb2.wad not found!" what do I do now?!

That means srb2.srb isn't in your srb2 folder, which means you did something wrong. You SHOULD have right clicked srb2.srb and selected copy, then renamed the copy to "srb2.wad". Make sure there is a srb2.srb in the folder and if there isn't, rename the copy back to srb2.srb.

Let me guess: you got an error when you used the launcher, right? Well, for some reason, when the launcher is used, the game doesn't automatically insert srb2.srb when it sets up SRB2. What you have to do is manually insert srb2.srb into the field of added WADs.

Or, alternatively, don't use the launcher at all. It's outdated and not equipped to run SRB2 2.0.

There is no srb2.wad. It is simply the filename used for the main IWAD during beta phases. In releases, it is renamed to srb2.srb. Do not modify this file, as the game will become unplayable without it.

Let me guess: you got an error when you used the launcher, right? Well, for some reason, when the launcher is used, the game doesn't automatically insert srb2.srb when it sets up SRB2. What you have to do is manually insert srb2.srb into the field of added WADs.

Or, alternatively, don't use the launcher at all. It's outdated and not equipped to run SRB2 2.0.

I use the launcher every time I run the game, and I NEVER had this issue. What are you on about?

I use the launcher every time I run the game, and I NEVER had this issue. What are you on about?
Don't ask me why. The exact same thing happened to me; the launcher worked fine for a while, and just went kaput for everything as soon as SRB2 2.0 came out. It even had this problem for 1.09.4!

But, for me, the method I previously stated solves it.

Are you trying to launch SRB2 from outside the folder somehow?

install ur srb2 again

And look, I have srb2.srb named file. Cool, huh?

And please, take screenshots... So we could take a look of your really cute SRB2.wad. Hooray.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back