SRB2 Chaos Twilight V2b Released! (Page 15 news)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Going good, although I ditched the emerald sprites, and recoloured a few of the original emerald sprites in photoshop, and have been added to the mod. Emerald 4 is red, Emerald 5 is blue alongside with Yellow (emerald 3) & purple (Emerald 6) being added.

Icy City 2 is about I'd say 50% done. I still got more to do yet. I also made a secret level which has a surprise in, but I won't spoil it for you lot. I have the level wad itself, Which beta testers are allowed to get. So far the Beta testers are except for myself.

.Darksonic
.Rubbish
.Goober
.Cmsgiw
.Light the elementa
.Champman08
.Brawl

As my sig says, I'll choose who beta tests, and who doesn't.

Well yes since you are one of the beta testers.

I'm not far from finishing Icy City act 2. Sorry it's taking a while, I'm doing college work, and also fixing old things in the other stages. I'm hoping it'll be out soon.

Well, if you have any more topics that are betas, just PM me and i'll either PM the results or post it on the topic.
Plus, I think I got the level you were talking about, but I won't say what it is.

Hyperknux, have you decided to have any more beta testers since that post of yours with a list of them?

If so, maybe you could list those new beta testers? You don't have to, I'm just interested to know if there are...

As in my signature, I'll beta test anything ever made for srb2, from the useless to the best, from the longest levels to the shortest.*shot for giving a lecture*
It's his choice. Try to PM him if you want to beta test

light the elementa said:
As in my signature, I'll beta test anything ever made for srb2, from the useless to the best, from the longest levels to the shortest.*shot for giving a lecture*
It's his choice. Try to PM him if you want to beta test

I already did that, I'm just waiting for a reply...

I don't really mind if I am or not, though...

SRB2WikiSonicMaster said:
I'm waiting for a reply on whether Hyperknux read my beta test results for Chaos Twilight Beta 4.

I did read your results. Thanks for the feedback. I was going to ask to put them on the topic as well if you don't mind, but that's up to you.

@Monster Iestyn: I will update them if any info is missed out. The people which are beta testing should have their names put on there, if not, let me know. Also you know the drill if you want to be one if I decide to. I might allow 5 more spaces, and it should be fine with that.

And when did you PM me?, I did accidently delete my files since I was clearing up all my junk in my inbox. If you did PM me, could you please send it again? Sorry about that, thanks.

If you'd like to see the beat testers etc, view the 1st post of the topic.

I have recently played your level pack, and I think it's coming along fine. However I do notice some major problems with some of the levels, so I will do some judging as would be done in the contests.
For now, I will just do the multiplayer maps.

CTF:
Spring Passage: Same as my contest rating
I thought maybe you would have put some change to that, but you didn't, so my score of 5/10 remains the same.

Match:
Metal Base: 4/10
Okay, this is too big, especially for homing bombs. Homing rings have a much better use on a smaller stage. If you can just scale it down to about one or two thirds, that alone will improve the stage. Oh, and make sure to put in the color map for your water.

Tropical Palace: 5/10
Same as Metal Base, except it uses auto homing rings, instead. Also, there are two rooms, so I can see some potential with this, but again you need to scale it down, although in this case, you really should make it less tall.

EDIT: I finally figured out that you put in a race map, so it's time for some judging of that level...
ANOTHER EDIT: Looks like you took the race level out, so I no longer need to judge it.

EDIT: Okay, I'll go ahead and do your single player pack now, starting with Green Peak...

Green Peak, Act 1: 7/10
I really liked this, especially since I figured out why there is a gargoyle statue in that hidden room. *hint hint* BTW, I like the monitor sprites you have for the pack. I was able to do some high bounces on the Skim and Red Crawlas at the end; that was fun.
EDIT: For some reason, when you break the breakable wall hiding the ring monitor at the beginning it lags for a little bit. What's going on?

Green Peak, Act 2: 6/10
Well, you fixed the platform pits, so I give you a higher score for that. You did not fix the part at the end with WAY too many enemies, though, and when you have invincibility at that point, it's kinda cheap. I did like how I found another of those...things, but I haven't found the emerald yet. If I don't find it at all, that'll be a problem.
EDIT: Found the emerald, and it's in a great spot, so you get an extra point for that. Plus it was somewhat challenging to get to it.

Green Peak, Act 3: 6/10
I'm okay now with the bottomless pit idea. I still like my HOM quicksand idea, though. *shot*

EDIT 2: Now for Mineral Valley...

Mineral Valley, Act 1: 6/10
Yeah, this is just plain average. At some point I got a little confused and didn't know I had to go on the red spring, plus it's annoying when you bounce into the bottom of the platform. Please be considerate of our characters and keep them from having a concussion. >_<
3/30/08: The red spring issue isn't fixed, so I keep my score as is.
4/8/08: I found another awesome thing, and there was more to explore than I thought, so I give you one extra point for that.

Mineral Valley, Act 2: 8/10
This was a lot better than the act before it. It was cool that I found the emerald; I actually stumbled into the secret part by accident the first time I found it. I wonder if RedXVI moved to the house you put in the level. Hmmmmmmm........... Anyway, good object placement and hidden stuff.

I think you should know that at the beginning, there's a panel that when you look at it at a particular angle, it changes from wall to sky. XD Ask me if you need a screenshot of where it is so that you can fix it. It's still there in Beta 4, so apparently you haven't found it yet.

Mineral Valley, Act 3: 6/10
This was a better boss level than the first one. It's pretty big for an Egg Slimer boss level, but then again...

EDIT 3: Okay, it's Magma Cavern time!

Magma Cavern, Act 1: 6/10
I have to agree with Mystic on this; bottomless lava pits seem a little cheap. EDIT: Good, you fixed some of it. The turrets are fine, but the fact that some of them are on corners makes them difficult to destroy.

Magma Cavern, Act 2: 7/10
Same as last time, but WHY ARE THERE DETONS?!? Also, for me, it seems like the falling lava at the beginning falls too fast. Again, you have the lava pit problem, and I'm still looking for the emerald here.
EDIT: Found the emerald! Cle~ver! And the Deton idea is cool as long as you have the spikes there to hold them.

Magma Cavern, Act 3: 7/10
I like the fact that it takes some effort to get to the boss here. My problem with this is the falling lava in the center of the stage. I also think that it's kinda cheap when the spike balls around Eggman can knock you into a lava pit. Other than that, it's a good level.

EDIT 4: Now to judge Icy City, AKA Salt Lake City. XD

Icy City, Act 1: 8/10
Can't think of anything wrong with it, maybe the bottomless pit below the checkpoint on the building? I was a little surprised with the bobbing ice; it's so... so... realistic! ^_^

Icy City, Act 2: 9/10
SonicMaster told me about some cramped passages or platforms or something like that. I didn't really see that here, so it could be that he was wrong, it could be that you fixed whatever it was, or my opinion here isn't too credible since I played Tails. =P The only *cramped* passages I could see are the ones leading to the emerald, and that's not really all that much of a problem. I like how you had switch-activated doors to go with the breakable walls, also.

Icy City, Act 3: 6/10
The problems with a frozen metropolis had to come somewhere! It's pretty much the fact that the platforms in the center are too small, so that should be something easy to fix.

EDIT 5: Guess what? Metal Mechanism finally gets scored!

Metal Mechanism, Act 1: 6/10
Well, let's see here. You changed the machine-gun turret next to the blue switch to a pop-up turret. That made it better. The fans to blow you to the next platform weren't needed; I can jump to them, you know! Not much else was changed... I think it's best if I keep this to the same score I gave it at the contest.

Metal Mechanism, Act 2: 7/10
I like the room with the alarms; it's so realistic. I even found the emerald on the first try. It's pretty long, but I like the layout of this. Yay for colorful lasers! My problem is just with the placement of the pop-up turrets. Again, when you try to kill them, you take too big of a risk. Just try toning that down a bit.

Metal Mechanism, Act 3: 4/10
Right when you start the boss battle, there is a camera issue when you move to the left. Also, there are separations between the pillars and the ring platform that you can fall into...that's cheap. Also, I think that it's easy to get hit by Eggman and then fall into the bottomless slime pits. There's just not enough room to work with.

Chaos Twilight Overall: 6.28/10
Yay, it's another improvement! I would do something about those fours and fives... they are mainly the multiplayer levels, so either fix them or just take them out altogether. I won't judge your "secret level" for fear of a spoiler, but I will say one thing about it...it looks familiar...

EDIT(3/30/08): I've got Beta 4 now, so I'll change the scores according to the improvements made when I have a chance to play it.

Thanks for the feedback GS.

Also there's only 2 detons in the entire mod so far, so what's the big deal about that?, plus introducing new enemies as the game goes on is a bit of an idea.

I removed a couple of death pits in Magma Cavern at the moment. I might do some under the lava design, but I'm not totally sure just yet.

And also Green Peaks Boss is always staying like it. That's the final design unless I might add a tree or something.

I'm not giving the emeralds away. In the next release I'm changing the texture so that people can finally find the passages. Also for magma cavern, I made a little sector bump somewhere near the last lavafall, that's the hint I'm giving you.

Anyways thanks for feedback once again.

This Mod seems Ok. I acually enjoyed it.
But what's with the angry mob of those flying Robots near the end of Green Peak Act 2? I think there are a little too much of them If you ask me. The Boss Zone is a good start.

Mineral Valley was ok. It's not so easy to play as Sonic though. Act 2 was a little better. I like the fact that it was raining in that time & to go in a underwater path. But it's kinda short in my point of view.

Magma Cavern Is somewhat confusing.
Act 1 to me was the hardest. The Jetty Robots are innoying as hell. I mean, when I was trying to jump to another platform, the Robots shoot me down and I end up dieing. And it's kinda hard going to spring to spring, because I always fall into the lava and died trying.
Act 2 is kinda the same. The falling Lava was unexpected and lead me to a couple of deaths.
Act 3 is kinda good, but fighting Eggman in that place was kinda tricky. The spike balls around him can knock you into the pit. Besides that, It was a fun battle.

Overall, It's a fun Mod and I hope it to be finished. Keep up the good work.

Thanks for your feedback.

Yes, Magma Cavern is now going through some edits now I've got Icy city out of the way for now. I still have to fix some bugs on MVZ too, but MCZ is what I'm focusing on. In my copy, the lava is lowered, and the death tags removed. I'm hoping to get this released soon.

Sorry for quick bump, but time for an announcement.

Beta 4 of Chaos Twilight is out now! check out the lastest update, and new link on the first post! :)

This is what I have to say about Icy city.The first act was great especially since you have to be be careful not to slip off the platforms and have to dodge enemies at the same time but I think their needs to be more room to move around but act 2 was WAY too cramped and there was too many enemies in one place especially when you have to use springs to make it to the next area and it was hard to make to some places overall this zone was great but some places needs less enemies and a little bit more room.I'd give it a 6.5/10

Um. I don't think it's a good idea to put your dat file in the download. Because when I try to add it, it says that it's broken & delete it and start over. And it ends up making it's own DAT file.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back