Did you get what you wanted for Christmas?

Status
Not open for further replies.

FireKid

Merry Christmas everybody! I hope it was a happy Christmas full of cheer! Did you guys get what you wanted? I know I got everything I wanted. I got the Nintendo DS, Super Mario 64 DS, and the P5 Virtual Reality Controller. I am really happy for what I got. Are you happy? :D

I'm REALLY happy! I got the DS, too, But my mom left a bag somewhere and it's now missing. It had SM64DS in it, too. :(

I got a 160 GB external hard drive supporting USB 2.0 and a 256 MB USB flash drive that advertises Linux support on the box.

I also got a wad from Mystic.

By the way, FireKid, your avatar seems to be broken.

I'm happy, but I didn't get half of what was on the list. I got Metroid Prime 2, Magical Knight Rayearth (which I've yet to open...), a Saturn Backup cart, an unofficial Dreamcast memory card (so I can FINALLY finish my run through Day of the Tentacle on there, without SCUMMVM compaining about there being no memory and corrupting Laverne's time period, as in losing ALL items she had and gaining me a second knife, like I need it), strongbad_email.exe DVDs, XM radio player (okay, that one was unexpected), a plug-and-play game thing (not the Sega one, mind)... stuff like that.

I still want Quake.

Yeah, I want a legal copy of DOOM too. But I want Quake more; I just have a DOOM avvy since, having DOOM II, it's what I've been playing more often.

Ever try to play Quake (or the demo) on that Tenebrae Sourceport? On my computer it's... a slideshow. Maybe I buy Quake next christmas.

Sonic Advance 3, Pokemon FireRed, Metroid Prime 2, GTA Vice City, and the Garfield cartoon on DVD.

Yeah, I pretty much got everything I asked for. I'm spoiled.

weird, i got 2 nintendo ds', a portable dvd player, a bunch of hotwheels stuff, and KINGDOM HEARTS: CHAIN OF MEMORIES, but i feel like im missing something... :?

FMSonic said:
Ever try to play Quake (or the demo) on that Tenebrae Sourceport? On my computer it's... a slideshow. Maybe I buy Quake next christmas.
Yes, it's interesting how they can make a 1996 game run SLOWER when all the settings are pretty much as they had originally been intended when the game was released. Of course, that's since with all the settings on their maximum the quality of the lighting and stuff is comparable to some of the newer games, even if the model quality's the same as it ever was...

That said, for now I'm content with FuhQuake. It looks about the same as the original game, but has linear frame interpolation, so it's all good.

FireKid said:
Why did you get two Nintendo DS'?
To tick Y2Jake off? :P

I rule you all. Aside form some Magic booster packs, I got a carrying case for my GBASP, this really cool game thing with a bunch of classic arcade and NES games and stuff, and, wait for it, wait for it....

Final Fantasy Eleven. Yeah. Considering that this was the absolute BIGGEST surprise of the bunch, I now pwn j00 all. Hell yeah.

You didn't already know that?

Anyhow, I didn't get anything I want for Christmas because I didn't want anything. :(
I did get $238 from people who didn't know what to get me, at least... And my grandma got me Mario Kart : Double Dash!! and my brother some racing game for Xbox. (Somehow, she managed to know that we had a GameCube and still get my bro an Xbox game... I was on the phone with her when she was in the store and had to tell her over and over "No, not GameBox or Xcube!")
Oh, we got clothes too. And candy. Tons of both. :| I don't need no freakin candy and clothes...

Yes, it's interesting how they can make a 1996 game run SLOWER when all the settings are pretty much as they had originally been intended when the game was released. Of course, that's since with all the settings on their maximum the quality of the lighting and stuff is comparable to some of the newer games, even if the model quality's the same as it ever was...

That said, for now I'm content with FuhQuake. It looks about the same as the original game, but has linear frame interpolation, so it's all good.

Yeah, but I like how you can can gib bodies when they're already dead :twisted: .
By any chance Shadow Hog, since ID rereleased the Doom trilogy on a new compilation package recently, do you think they do the same to Quake? (with all the mission packs included).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back