SLADE is a troll

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChaosX

Hi,

So, SLADE crashes for no reason when I try to use it, and I'm using the latest version. Can anyone help me and tell me what to do, or what version is the best to use?

Thanks for reading, really, Sonic will give you something really nice for reading my request of help, Sonic bless you.

Recommendation: take it here, where the writers of SLADE are more likely to notice and help you.

Not that it's impossible to get help here, but if SLADE is having such catastrophic failures for you, I imagine the writers would want to know.

Recommendation: take it here, where the writers of SLADE are more likely to notice and help you.

Not that it's impossible to get help here, but if SLADE is having such catastrophic failures for you, I imagine the writers would want to know.

I actually pick not to look for help, there was a time SLADE worked for me, but wasn't through website download, a friend of mine sent me a version I don't remember which it was and was fully working. I doubt it is an older version thou...

Hi,

So, SLADE crashes for no reason when I try to use it, and I'm using the latest version. Can anyone help me and tell me what to do, or what version is the best to use?

Thanks for reading, really, Sonic will give you something really nice for reading my request of help, Sonic bless you.

I actually pick not to look for help, there was a time SLADE worked for me, but wasn't through website download, a friend of mine sent me a version I don't remember which it was and was fully working. I doubt it is an older version thou...
Pick one.

Pick one.

Yep. Not help of the devs. Did one of them ever responded to someone?

So now, here's the crash I get when I try opening SLADE.

Version: 3.1.0.1
No current action

Stack Trace:
0: (c:\program files (x86)\microsoft visual studio 12.0\vc\include\xstring:1138) std::basic_string<wchar_t,std::char_traits<wchar_t>,std::allocator<wchar_t> >::assign
1: (c:\dev\slade3\src\parser.cpp:247) ParseTreeNode::parse
2: (c:\dev\slade3\src\parser.cpp:325) ParseTreeNode::parse
3: (c:\dev\slade3\src\parser.cpp:325) ParseTreeNode::parse
4: (c:\dev\slade3\src\parser.cpp:445) Parser::parseText
5: (c:\dev\slade3\src\executables.cpp:157) Executables::init
6: (c:\dev\slade3\src\mainapp.cpp:761) MainApp::OnInit
7: (c:\dev\libs\wxwidgets-3.0.0\src\common\init.cpp:479) wxEntryReal
8: (c:\dev\libs\wxwidgets-3.0.0\src\msw\main.cpp:188) wxEntry
9: (c:\dev\libs\wxwidgets-3.0.0\src\msw\main.cpp:415) wxEntry
10: (c:\dev\slade3\src\mainapp.cpp:305) WinMain
11: (f:\dd\vctools\crt\crtw32\dllstuff\crtexe.c:618) __tmainCRTStartup
12: [unknown location] BaseThreadInitThunk
13: [unknown location] RtlInitializeExceptionChain
14: [unknown location] RtlInitializeExceptionChain

So let me get this straight: instead of going to the place where people might have a clue how to fix your problem, you're going to completely ignore the reasonable suggestion of how to get help and post a useless bug report here regardless.

I guess I was a bit stupid and moronic doing this thread, yes, but I thought that instead of waiting days, or even a week for a response, I picked asking if someone had a working version.
Or this is a good idea or I actually can't think properly. I think lazyness is taking over me.

"there's a chance of me not getting a response from them, so I won't bother"

Why don't you just try it anyway, and whichever person answers you first gets a cookie. Your reasoning is pretty bizarre lol

"there's a chance of me not getting a response from them, so I won't bother"

Why don't you just try it anyway, and whichever person answers you first gets a cookie. Your reasoning is pretty bizarre lol

I already did lol and I didn't get response. Bizarre is my first name *puts glasses*

For now, while you're still looking for a proper fix, download an older version of SLADE. That way, you can still have a wad editor to use.

As long as I remember, I tried installing every Visual Runtime that's known to work for SLADE. I actually have Windows 7 Professional 32-bit. I also remember trying all the older versions of SLADE v3, that was my only option as older versions like SLADE2 or SLADE v1 were map editors.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back