Hamashi Hosting server

Status
Not open for further replies.

VectorC

A.K.A.: Punch the Crocodile
I was wondering if you could help me about Hamachi...I want to play with my friend at SRB2 but he actualy can't join any of my gave VIA IP join...Ping problem I guess...And this is why I want to make a Hamachi server for Me and him...

I want to know:
-How to Host a SRB2 game on hamachi

I tryed to find tutorials about hosting but none were effective...

If someone could help me out about this ^o^(Still waiting for the master server repairs)

Edit: Correction added...Its hard to spell =P

Last edited:
Only thing I can say is that your firewall is blocking SRB2 or "hamashi".

...Wait, what's a "hamashi"? I only know of Hamachi.

Only thing I can say is that your firewall is blocking SRB2 or "hamashi".

...Wait, what's a "hamashi"? I only know of Hamachi.

Same here. He's probably talking about Hamachi.
I've never used it, so I can't help you with it.

hamachi is a program that i do know but its hard to say what it is

but i do know somethings on it:
its a thing that lets you host on a game (sends you with a id not ip) so if somene puts in that "id" (as you can say "fake ip") thay can join

In case you're one of the people who'll explode if one tries a futile effort on Port Forwarding, yet again.. The here's how you host over Hamachi.

Assuming you made your password and Channel All you have to do is have your friend connect to that channel. (I'm pretty sure you've already done this) So now, DO NOT USE YOUR REGULAR IP.

You're supposed to use the IP supplied above your name. (In other words, that set of numbers next to the power button) And once your friend uses that over SRB2, you'll be able to connect.

Last edited:
What do I do if I have the Logmein Hamachi Version instead of the normal version?...because with Logmein, I can't see those numbers

They both should have the address. (An example would be 5.207.987.57) If not, have you pressed the power button before checking? (Because if you didn't, then it would be 0.0.0.0)

And if you did do that and still nothing, then I'm afraid you'll either have to re-install and try again, or you have to find a friend that can have their ports forwarded.

Last edited:
This is simple to do and I've done it before with a few friends of mine on a Hamachi network of ours. Your friends won't be able to connect to you unless they are connected onto Hamachi, you yourself are connected to Hamachi, are a part of the same network you are in or are in a network you created, and you allocate your game to use your Hamachi address.

First, download ForceBindIP here. Once you double click the executable, it will automatically install into the system32 directory. Next, right click on srb2.win and create a shortcut. Now, you'll need to change a few things with the shortcut. Right click on the shortcut and click properties. Type in the following in the target box: (C:\WINDOWS\system32\ForceBindIP.exe 0.0.0.0 "C:\Program Files\Sonic Robo Blast 2\SRB2win.exe") Copy everything in the parenthesis, including the quotations. If SRB2 isn't installed in a directory similar to mine, change it to accomodate your SRB2 folder location. You don't need to tamper with the directory for ForceBindIP as well, unless for some reason your operating system is installed on another drive letter aside from "C:" Also, replace the "0.0.0.0" IP with your Hamachi address.

Once that is done, load the game from the shortcut. If you want to use the SRB2 net launcher with it, set the default .exe to your newly created shortcut. And that's it! Your friends won't have to do anything other than be on Hamachi themselves. They will be able to join by IP simply by entering your Hamachi address in the "Join game <IP>" menu.

Edit: Also, be sure that port 5029 (TCP/UDP) for SRB2) and ports 12975 (TCP/UDP), 32976 (TCP/UDP), 17771 (UDP) for Hamachi are forwarded. This method worked for me like a charm. One of my friends, however, tried to host and do ForceBindIP himself but the process simply wouldn't work. Yet, he could still join my games. He has Windows 7 so that might be an issue or not unless he got the wrong version.

You can host with your public IP as well just by forwarding ports 5029. Go to whatsmyipaddress.com to get your IP and give it out to whomever you plan to play with.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back