Toonami/Cartoon Network/[adult swim] topic: love or hate

Status
Not open for further replies.
You know I really like cartoonnetwork and all of it's past blocks A.K.A. Toonami so basically this is to honor the good old channel that we watched some pretty neat stuff on. Some of you may or may not know what I am talking about but I guess now you'll know.

Last edited:
Fix your grammar and spelling, please.

I remember Toonami for DBZ, so RIP.
Right now, CN isn't what it used to.
Adult Swim has a lot of cool anime and mature shows, its alright.

Fix your grammar and spelling, please.

I remember Toonami for DBZ, so RIP.
Right now, CN isn't what it used to.
Adult Swim has a lot of cool anime and mature shows, its alright.

Yes I fixed it even someone like me who can spell exceptionally well in life can make a few bad marks on the keyboard. But enough about that I agree we both miss it well, I was just shocked that nobody posted a topic of this manner on the forums. Mainly because I love reading about nostalgia and all that stuff.

Adult Swim is good, but Cartoon Network is just fairly decent.

Oh yeah, and what happened to Toonami?

Oh yeah, and what happened to Toonami?

Canceled. There really isn't a proper reason as to WHY they did it but I would lean on the fact of poor lineup management and Adult Swim's anime lineups on Saturdays...

Besides, During it's final months it didn't receive the sufficient viewers for most of it's shows cept' "Naruto", and that only helped them hang on that thread for a short while.

Canceled. There really isn't a proper reason as to WHY they did it but I would lean on the fact of poor lineup management and Adult Swim's anime lineups on Saturdays...

Besides, During it's final months it didn't receive the sufficient viewers for most of it's shows cept' "Naruto", and that only helped them hang on that thread for a short while.
And that just shows that Toonami just needed more animes.

What are you guys talking about? I still watch toonami. They even have the old bumps.

On topic, I only watch the Science, Discovery, BBC, and History and History International channel(And I don't even get half those channels anymore).

IIRC, Toonami was canceled due to the fact that they were showing to much Anime. CartoonNetwork's main goal was that they wanted to show more original shows. Which, untimely made CartoonNetwork what it is now. Showing some Canadian shows and making Live action crap that should never have been thought of in the first place.

T: BRING IT BCAK! WE MISS YOU TOM!
C: Adventure Time, EEnE, and Chowder; everything else is pretty shitty
A: Venture Brothers, Family Guy, and the whole Saturday lineup.
BTW, you forgot Miguzi. I needs me some Code: Lyoko, dammit!

I really just like Adult Swim for King of the Hill reruns and the occasional Aqua Teen Hunger Force and The Boondocks.

Last edited:
Toonami; I just downright loved that program, it actually made me watch a lot of shows that I didn't get interested in because of it. In fact for a couple of times when a show was about to come to the program they would sometimes hire Peter Cullen to voice on how awesome it is. Too bad it's gone now.

Cartoon Network; Now at first, this was the best channel to watch all of your favorite, classic, cartoons. Sadly, over the years, they slowly start making wrong decisions and bring in cartoons that are just too weird for me to watch.

Adult Swim; Tried watching the shows, but it didn't make me interested to keep watching.

Nobody's mentioned Boomerang!
Well... I guess it's for a good reason.
The main thing I didn't like about it was that Hannah Barbera cartoons are pretty much 75% of the Channels shows, when things I love like Dexter or Courage are barely shown.

It's also one of those channels that are mean and you can only get on certain TV services.

There is a reason why I stopped watching television months ago. When everything gave me flaming diarrhea from just how 'imaginative' these cartoons are getting. The only show that I personally found amusing at certain parts was Flapjack and you know why that is just by looking at my avatar. The episode where Flap is in the nunnery or whatever and paraphrases a quote from Poltergeist.... that image will never leave my head. Never really cared for Toonami asides from Teen Titans and even then it wasnt anywhere near as great as Bruce Timm's Batman which took heavy inspiration from the Burton Batman films. I am sorry guys. Huge frakking mechs, ridiculous plot lines, and colorful blasts from someone's hands is the lowest form of imagination I can think of. The Venture Bros is great. But even later I get to catch what I call one of the best anime ever, Death Note. Crime mystery with the supernatural forces of a death god involved? Sign me up for that show.Even better all the Shinigami are based on Japanese kabuki costumes thus making Ryuk my favorite character due to how much he looks like a member from KISS whose costumes are also based on kabuki. I miss the days of traditionally animated shows where the prime focus was making an interesting show instead of focusing on pretty rainbow explosions and stiff animation focused on real life issues or humor that whilst not as disgusting as Ren and Stimpy is just groan worthy since they never put a creative spin on it. I don't know but if these guys cannot focus on making creative and hilarious jokes then why not focus that writing on creative storytelling? Cartoons are much more than hir dur funny joke. The oldest cartoons had a storyline whether they be simple or not and the animation still holds up to this very day! I miss shows like Samurai Jack, Animaniacs, Batman:TAS, etc. etc. These shows were truely entertaining put quality up fornt and foremost and did creative things. Why this level of talent has been dissapitating into nothingness apalls me.

Wait a minute? Dragonball Z was a VERY creative show. It had weird things that were never shown in anime before it. It was very....ORIGINAL lets leave it at that. It is my favorite anime of all time. I respect your opinions, Greg and I loved Batman:TAS as well. Rhe Venture Brothers is one of the most inventive shows I have seen in my life. You have very valid opinions and I respect that in a persons quality though. I still love my anime though. Just a big part of my childhood that will never die.

Wait a minute? Dragonball Z was a VERY creative show. It had weird things that were never shown in anime before it. It was very....ORIGINAL lets leave it at that.

I disagree, Dragon Ball Z brang nothing new to the table besides integrating filler with the central plotline. All that stuff,and more arguably more edgy material had already been aired, as far as I know, stateside.

I disagree, Dragon Ball Z brang nothing new to the table besides integrating filler with the central plotline. All that stuff,and more arguably more edgy material had already been aired, as far as I know, stateside.

I disagree. Many of the villains were just wacky and some of the heroes were very different form the general anime hero. Like chiaotzu. He's like a clown, but he can self -destruct for some apparent reason. Also Majjin Buu was very weird because of his appearances and abilities. The Guinyu Force had alot of weir characters. The androids were original in their design. Some of them were flat out bizzare, and some were obvious like android 8. The karate theme was unoriginal I will admit, but all that saiyan race stuff with those mystic things like Oolong in Dragonball and some of those animal people were pretty cool. Alltogether I thought it but alot on the table that was new and old.

I haven't gotten around to Dragon Ball Z, but I'm sure it couldn't possibly be worth watching if you haven't seen the original Dragon Ball before that. The characters themselves as well as the general theme have far more coherence if you understand their backstories, and I doubt you'll get that from DBZ without watching DB first.

I haven't gotten around to Dragon Ball Z, but I'm sure it couldn't possibly be worth watching if you haven't seen the original Dragon Ball before that. The characters themselves as well as the general theme have far more coherence if you understand their backstories, and I doubt you'll get that from DBZ without watching DB first.
Well, except Vegeta, and Buu.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back