What Browser Do You Use?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Also, should I get firefox and opera? They seem pretty effiecient according to the masses.

Firefox has traditionally been a memory hog, but they seem to be trying to rectify that. It also has the most add-on support. Opera has historically taken the crown for speed and standards compliance, and it includes a truckload of features(IRC chat, BitTorrent, and e-mail to name a few). However, you may run into compatibility issues due to the fact that Opera is not Internet Explorer or Firefox and therefore is not tested for.

Also, I do highly recommend anyone still using Internet Explorer to switch to something OTHER than it, lest your computer be raped with viruses, worms and other types of annoying malware.
Do you know how hard I've tried

and tried

and tried

to get Mom to switch off of IE? Every time she accidentally sets Firefox as the default browser (somehow), I've tried to convince her to keep it, but she always goes "but ie is bettur lulz" :/

Do you know how hard I've tried

and tried

and tried

to get Mom to switch off of IE? Every time she accidentally sets Firefox as the default browser (somehow), I've tried to convince her to keep it, but she always goes "but ie is bettur lulz" :/

It's not that hard to put firefox on a flash drive or something. Or you know, install firefox and have both simultaneously and not let your mother know it's installed. Or if you really want to get it and those don't work, Get an Internet explorer theme for FireFox, Rename it to I Explorer, and change the icon to the default explorer icon.

Internet Explorer. Meh. My computer needs to die anyways -_-'.

The only problem is.... I never get any viruses T.T

I use IE, and Microsoft Security Essentials just cleans any viruses that would sneak in. Cool, eh?

That's not cool, that's treating the symptoms instead of the cause. True security would prevent viruses and malware from infecting the system in the first place.

I run Firefox 3.6. I've been using Firefox ever since 1.0, after a user posted about it on a forum I used to visit, which started a debate over how insecure IE6 was. Since then, I've never looked back.

Firefox has some really nice extensions for security, such as AdBlock Plus (yes, I consider blocking ads to be part of security) and NoScript, the latter which pretty much serves as my anti-virus because it only enables scripts to run from my whitelisted domains. To date I've probably blocked at least five or six browser exploit attempts. While many users ran around as though the sky was falling after catching Trojans from poisoned websites, NoScript protected me by making sure that the Trojans couldn't even touch my system due to the off-site scripts not even being allowed to run.

To users of IE6: Welcome to the new web, where tabbed browsing is a minimum requirement feature and alpha-channel PNGs are seeing common usage. Please, just get a better browser.

Last edited:
See, I don't really mind if you used IE (Heck, I used to use IE7 way back when I was like...what 8 or 9?) But if your using IE6...upgrade. or at LEAST change.

On a other note, I don't really hate firefox, it just freezes and crashes a lot when I use it. Chrome...I think I used, and Opera I just liked. IE I only use for like any other stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back