Pokémon HG/SS Teams

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sonnarkku

Obamasnow Fan-- With a Hat
OHAI, most of us must already know about the upcoming Pokémon game (the remake of Silver and Gold) if I remember right, it is gonna have a National Dex as well, meaning you will be able to recreate your older team or create a new one, so. What´s your team gonna be like in that game?
Mine:

Typloshion
Mawlie
Kingdra
Skarmory
Steelix
Crobat

I WILL try to get a Steel-type team now instead of Water-type.

Meganium: Because Meganiums are cool.
Infernape: Because he's epic.
Gallade: Because I don't have a Psychic-type on my team
Red Gyarados: Because he's red*Shot*Nah. Because I need a water type on my team
Bibarel 1:Hm Slave 1
Bibarel 2:Hm Slave 2

And if I don't have the HM slaves in my team...
Staraptor: Because he's cool and he learns both Close Combat and Brave Bird.
Rhyperior: Earthquake, Elemental Fangs and Rock Wrecker. That's it.

I don't care about Kanto/Hoenn starters.
And I know that half of my pokémon are from Sinnoh. That's why the upstairs part of the Pokémon Center exists.

My starter's going to be Totodile, for nostalgia and great times! :D

Other than that, I don't really know, other than the Red Gyarados because he's badass and the legendaries because it's what all the kool kids do.

Not sure yet, other than I know that Totodile and Umbreon will be in there somewhere.

Espeon
Umbreon
Porygon-Z

And the rest is filler.
I don't do "Starters" anymore. Chuck it for the first wild pokemon I get.

Last edited:
But there are some good HMs.
Actually my normal team uses HM.

DJ (my Golem) has Rock Smash and Rock Climb (Rock Climb does relativeley high damage and Rock Smash lowers defense)

Abraham (My Gyarados) has Strength and Waterfall (never misses and It´s the only move I have against Water types and his extreamly high normal attack stat + his water-type boost + his splash plates makes it a PWN1ER move)

And what about Fly? Safi (Staraptor) has one, since I don´t like using attacks like Protect, I use Fly instead.

And Surf for the Empoleons!

---------- Post added at 06:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:16 PM ----------

Talking about HMs, I already thought on the HMs I´m gonna use on who.

Typloshion - Rock Smash
Mawlie - Cut
Kingdra - Surf/Waterfal (depends if it has higher Attack or Sp. Attack)
Skarmory - Fly, Strength.
Steelix - Rock Climb (strong attack)
Crobat - Defog (for da lulz)

Vote NO for HM slaves. XD

Well, everyone makes their starter to the third evolution, you can keep it in first evolution if you want...

Crobat - Defog (for da lulz)
...You know that Defog is loosing it's HM status and Whirlpool is recovering it, right?
I'm glad they're removing Defog and putting in Whirlpool. At least, Whirlpool is more useful than Defog.
...Wonder if Whirlpool can capture Roaming Pokémon...

Last edited:
...Wonder if Whirlpool can capture Roaming Pokémon...

Yes. Whirlpool, Wrap, Fire Spin, etc. stop a Pokemon from running or switching while in effect.

As for my ideal HG/SS team:

1.) I would start out with Cyndaquil, so I'll evolve that all the way.
2.) Mareep becomes a pretty good Electric type when evolved.
3.) I would be okay with the Red Gyarados, Lapras, or Suicune on my team.
4.) Too bad Sneasel is a late-game catch, or I would try and look so hard for a Razor Claw. Houndour works too, though it's also a "wait until Kanto" Pokemon.
5.) I would probably do the Machop trade and evolve it to a solid Fighting type.
6.) Fully evolving Geodude would round out my team, although I wonder if Magmar can hold a certain item, or if I can grab myself a Scyther.

Espeon.
Umbreon.
Rhyhorn with max happiness and return.
Meganium.
Crobat.
Flygon.

Yeah, so? Zigzagoon is faster in the beginning, then Torchic evolves and kicks the crap out of Lanoone, I get it. So?
Actually, Zigzagoon and Linoone have the ability Pickup, which is one of the most overpowered PvE mechanics ever. I have a level 98 and level 100 Linoone with the ability, and occasional Earthquake TMs and Rare Candy are entirely worth using a subpar normal type in combat to get it there. As a note, Linoone makes a very good HM slave, as well.

So sure, it's not going to dominate the Elite Four, but it's entirely worth your time to catch and train it.

On the topic, why would you need HG/SS to recreate your older team? I already have a 492 Pokedex in Diamond (everything but Arceus) without cheating. It's entirely possible to catch everything now and have your choice of 6 Pokemon for your team.

I'm currently building a new team slowly for 4th gen, since most of my PvP team is designed for 3rd gen, and the game really has changed a lot since.

Actually, Zigzagoon and Linoone have the ability Pickup, which is one of the most overpowered PvE mechanics ever. I have a level 98 and level 100 Linoone with the ability, and occasional Earthquake TMs and Rare Candy are entirely worth using a subpar normal type in combat to get it there. As a note, Linoone makes a very good HM slave, as well.

Ah, forgot about Pickup entirely. It was a bit nerfed in GenIV IIRC, but still a good ability. And I was gonna port a Bibarel for HMs anyway, so might as well hit two stones with one bird, eh?

Pickup??? I don´t really know what that move is.

I thought Close Combat was the most overpowered attack in the game, it always ends up killing my Pokémon, (I do not have a specific Pokémon that can resist fighting type, nearly all flying types have a normal half, wich removes the fighting resistance) I consider Close Combat overpowered since it only Decreases 2 of your stats instead of sharply decreasing one, and having your stats decreased doesn´t matter since you will most likeley, defeat the enemy in one hit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back