Portal type spawn points? Possiable?

Status
Not open for further replies.

csmgiw

I had an Idea... for a boss battle... you have to keep one person alive, while an onslaught of enemies come at him. Powerful creatures keep the portal open for the weeker enemies to enter and kill the person your trying to save..

I think I know how to make the portal keepers (aka the more powerful creatures opening the portals) but how to make the potals
a.) Stay open so long as the keepers are still there
b.)make the portal spawn creatures
c.) Program the person your suppose to protect to have a visable health bar, and better yet, health in general.
d.) Make it so only a certain number of portals spawn, along with their keepers
5.) A giant level redesign once you kill the last keeper

I would like you all to know, this is going to be part of a mod with a diffrent style of boss battles

Now if anybody says Soc it, than I will say how, just so you know

As far as I know, you can't make it a SOC. But i think you can make an EXE with that stuff...
...I think...
As far as I know, SOCEditor doesn't have the tools to do that.

Some of that is possible in a stock SRB2. The health bar function is impossible in the stock game, but the rest might be possible.

csmgiw said:
a.) Stay open so long as the keepers are still there Yes. You can SOC enemy spawners that can be can be otherwise disposed using linedef executors.
b.)make the portal spawn creatures Yes, easily SOCced.
c.) Program the person your suppose to protect to have a visable health bar, and better yet, health in general. You would need a code modification. You would also need a code modification to have enemies attack said person in question.
d.) Make it so only a certain number of portals spawn, along with their keepers This would be done as you place portals and keepers on the map.
5.) A giant level redesign once you kill the last keeper You could fake this by having a soundless, flashless teleporter bring instantly teleport you to a changed area after you kill said keeper.

In other words, all but C.

However, depending on how you want to handle the keepers and their portals, you would also need a code modification to automatically destroy their portal after all the related keepers have been disposed of. However, if the keepers are confined to a specific area or are otherwise immobile, you can use linedef executors to come up with the same effect.

For C, could it be SOCable to make it so he can take more than 1 hit and die, but without the visable health bar?

An object with MF_ENEMY, and the related flags will automatically have health. (Specifically, the amount set by SPAWNHEALTH) Giving it MF_SOLID in addition to those flags will get rid of the touch of death, and make it immune to the player's spin attacks.

Can't think of any straightforward way to do the healthbar though.

Ok, I was playing World of Warcraft (Laugh now, get it out of your system) and apparently they have something like this, but they did the health bar a diffrent way

They put how many hits he had left on the top of the screen, is that plausable?

You could try putting the health bar on the actual sprite, and for each time the "person" gets hit, just have another sprite with less health. And yes, it would work with SOCing =P

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back