SRB2 Message Board  

Go Back   SRB2 Message Board > Sonic Robo Blast 2 > SRB2 Discussion

Old 12-15-2015   #4941
Monster Iestyn
Friendly Neighbour-Hood

Thokker is a custom gametype that was invented in the madness of software slopes being a thing earlier this year. It's basically tumbleweed soccer, with sloped maps. We customize the tumbleweed to appear different in each map though, so it's really just a soccer ball and such.

"Thonkker", on the other hand, is a typo of "Thokker" you somehow generated yourself in making your post. It is not a gametype at all whatsoever.

For that matter, nobody said Thokker was being part of 2.2. It's just that a number of people on 'fun really liked the gametype enough to want it in the next version, that's all.

That's an uppercase i, not a lowercase L, for the record.
Monster Iestyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2015   #4942
MK.exe
You know me, everyone does

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monster Iestyn View Post
Thokker is a custom gametype that was invented in the madness of software slopes being a thing earlier this year. It's basically tumbleweed soccer, with sloped maps. We customize the tumbleweed to appear different in each map though, so it's really just a soccer ball and such.
Oh wow, pretty neat
MK.exe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2015   #4943
RomioTheBadass
PK3 Fetishist

Another feature that would really make Co-op games much comfier is the ability to set How many players should Reach the exit to Finish the level instead of just 1 or ALL

---------- Post added at 11:03 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:00 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monster Iestyn View Post
I Certainly liked the idea of that Gametype, being able to carry balls .. etc, Really sounds fun .
RomioTheBadass is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2015   #4944
glaber
Emblem Radar Ready

I just thought of this one at work. Continue screen sprites for Tails and Knuckles.
glaber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2015   #4945
Steelie
an average everyday nerd

Give intermission timer a console command, and possibly shorten the default time back to 15 seconds. I can understand its usefulness in PvP, but in Coop it's just annoying.

My suckish channel for SRB2 (and cats).
Steelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2015   #4946
"Lat'"
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steelie View Post
Give intermission timer a console command, and possibly shorten the default time back to 15 seconds. I can understand its usefulness in PvP, but in Coop it's just annoying.
"inttime" exists. =P
"Lat'" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2015   #4947
RedEnchilada
happy, pretty, lovely!
Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RomioTheBadass View Post
* Editor Things "Object enters sector" , "Object Hits floor" and "Object Hits ceiling" (Similar to the ones used in ZDoom) .
I've never mapped from ZDoom, but going by the names of those objects, they sound redundant since we have linedef executors and all.

Quote:
* Linedef effect "Walkable middle texture" To make it easier to create Bridges, Fences .. etc with simply some middle textures .
Already present in development builds and being used in development maps.
RedEnchilada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2015   #4948
RomioTheBadass
PK3 Fetishist

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedEnchilada View Post
I've never mapped from ZDoom, but going by the names of those objects, they sound redundant since we have linedef executors and all.
Actually these things do what they refer to, They're easier to use too and More specific , They Activate a special action when the Object Enters Sector, Hits Floor, Hits Ceiling, Leaves Sector ... etc (The action is defined in the Object Properities itself) :
Code:
Sector Action Things There are eleven total of these 
and each will execute their attached special when a certain 
action occurs.  Here's a list: 

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedEnchilada View Post
Already present in development builds and being used in development maps.
Great, will it be available in 2.2 ?
Old 12-18-2015   #4949
toaster
トースタちゃん
Developer

I don't think we've ever withheld anything smaller than a half-finished map from a release. When something small like that is done, it goes in the next version.

Your objects, by the way, are definitely redundant. Learn to use Linedef Executor sector and Linedef types, there's plenty of resources out there and experimenting won't hurt you.
<MonsterIestyn> watch porm to keep warm

Last edited by toaster; 12-18-2015 at 10:21 AM.
toaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2015   #4950
Steelie
an average everyday nerd

Quote:
Originally Posted by "Lat'" View Post
"inttime" exists. =P
It does? Heh, silly me. I still believe 20 seconds default time is too much, people tend to forget and then they wait.

Old 12-19-2015   #4951
Tokyo

I know I talked about this pages back, but I want to put a little detail. I said y'all could add soundtracks to unlock by beating the game first time. Furthermore, the soundtrack could contain the list of music to play like I want to play "Doomship" in Techno Hill zone instead of scanning through "tune" commands in the console to find it.

Last edited by Tokyo; 12-19-2015 at 02:38 AM.
Tokyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2015   #4952
Sega32xSux

A match attack that you can either turn on or off.
So the idea is that you press the mapped key (this is a seperate action from Spin Dash) near another Match player, and then you do a spin-dash thing in circles around them quickly while rapidly tapping the button. When it's done, the person you did it to is disoriented and more vulnerable to attacks.
It does not work if you have a shield, invincibility or any other powerups.
It should also work in CTF, and all the other gametypes that have combat involved.

Last edited by Sega32xSux; 12-19-2015 at 09:19 PM.
Sega32xSux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2015   #4953
Steelie
an average everyday nerd

Yeah and, got an idea when playing through a few levels out of boredom. I know there are variables to turn off Speedshoes and Super music in the level header. So can you, please, please add in other tunes that break the stage music (drowning, 1-up, etc)? And possibly take it to the game options so it can be flicked on and off.

Old 12-19-2015   #4954
Zipper
Soulja boy I tell 'em
Judge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steelie View Post
Yeah and, got an idea when playing through a few levels out of boredom. I know there are variables to turn off Speedshoes and Super music in the level header. So can you, please, please add in other tunes that break the stage music (drowning, 1-up, etc)? And possibly take it to the game options so it can be flicked on and off.
1-up can already do that, with Use1UpSound in the MAINCFG. Drowning though I agree with, since Space Countdown already does that, it'd be nice to have it for underwater as well.
Old 12-19-2015   #4955
Sega32xSux

A version of Co-op that has weaponrings, and playerforexit is always set for one. It's a free-for-all to reach the end.
Old 12-19-2015   #4956
76Nova

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sega32xSux View Post
A version of Co-op that has weaponrings, and playerforexit is always set for one. It's a free-for-all to reach the end.
It would be too easy to pick sonic and took your way to victory. Why not race mode with weapon rings instead?
Old 12-20-2015   #4957
Sega32xSux

Get rid of thoking. It's cheating in race mode. Replace it with a homing attack.
Old 12-20-2015   #4958
Saturn Ross

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sega32xSux View Post
Get rid of thoking. It's cheating in race mode. Replace it with a homing attack.
Bad Idea, as the player will instinctively try to use the main ability for the character (in this case, Sonic). And if the Thok was disabled, then heck, then why not disable everyone's ability and match up their speeds to be the same? Because it wouldn't be the same as the main game. Besides, I think the Thok should be replaced with the Jump Thok, which was made a while back by Wolfy and is more balanced for speed and platforming.

As a side note, both Tails and Knuckles have abilities that help with tricky jumps, so giving Sonic the Jump Thok would be a win-win scenario, as the Thok is currently just a glorified instant mid-air Spin Dash at full speed.

Last edited by Saturn Ross; 12-20-2015 at 05:45 AM.
Saturn Ross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2015   #4959
RomioTheBadass
PK3 Fetishist

* We cannot change Port for servers we start .
* The Master server went down a few minutes ago and i was unable to reconnect to the last server i was in because I Got kicked with a message saying "synch failure" , "Reconnect" command would be very useful in similar situations .
* Intermission timer isn't saved to "config.cfg" .
Old 12-20-2015   #4960
MosaicMario
Possessed User Title

Quote:
* We cannot change Port for servers we start
Use command line parameter "-udpport" and your portnumber you want to use (possible values go from 1024 to 9999)