Super SRB2 Kart Z =NOT EXACTLY CANCELED=

Status
Not open for further replies.
And battle mode in SRB2 Kart looks like something that will happen quite soon if they choose to make this, because all they might have to do is add: battle maps, create a new mode for it and make it be on the menu screen (or sub-menu sceen).
I don't know what makes you think that creating a new gametype isn't a lot of work.

It was a guess, I was going to say that it 'might happen far in the future' but then I could be exaggerating and making another wrong guess. Do you know how long it might take?

No, because I don't know what such a gametype would include and because I don't know how motivated the creators of SRB2Kart are to implement that gametype. You usually can't make a guess about how long something will take in a hobby project unless you're the person making it.

Battle mode is the LAST thing on our minds right now. Just because its still "alive" doesn't mean its suggestion time.

@Jeck:

My bad; I probably should have just mentioned I'll be dropping by to see progress on the mod. And in all honesty, it's no big deal whenever or not I'm allowed to playtest the project.

Not everyone goes to IRC (or IIRC, whatever it's called).

Oh, that's just too bad

If you have interest in something and you're too lazy to make those few clicks to get to it, I don't think it's anyone's fault. (Whether it's 2.1 info or Kart or anything really.)

Why would you think of it as that?
If I try to join the IRC in fact if I even try to get to the website my t-mobile broadband will block it because it thinks there is adult content on there. And I can't request for the people who control this (t-mobile) to take it down because you have to be 18 and over.
This seems to happen with a lot of websites that don't have adult content, the most known ones for me are websites with games, roms, source data, etc.

Last edited:
I don't know what makes you think that creating a new gametype isn't a lot of work.
Well considering all they need for battle mode is already there except for balloons and a scoring system, I can see how one may think this is an easy thing to implement. That said, I'm not exactly excited about the idea of playing SRB2 Kart battles with 200 ping.

Where is the SRB2 DB Kart config? I checked the source code and regular release for it, but it's not there.

How come when I launch it, it says "A wad file was not found or not valid"? It has all the .wads in the correct place, what gives?

One of the files might be corrupted, this used to happen to me when I played the old srb2 riders, over time it becomes corrupted for some reason.
Try installing/unzipping the srb2kart files into the srb2 folder again, that should solve it.

Where can I get the textures?

If you're using SRB2 Doom Builder you can add kart.kart into the "Additional Textures and Flats from WAD File" option when creating a new map. That should load all of the textures from there as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 4, Members: 0, Guests: 4)

Back