SRB2DB Ctrl+Shift+C and Ctrl+Shift+V not working

Status
Not open for further replies.

Metal96

Hello all,
Anyway, my problem is basically summarized in the title. The copy/paste properties shortcuts won't work and it's getting really annoying. Regular copy-paste works fine, as well as the key combo in other programs, but not SRB2DB. Ctrl+Shift+V works sometimes but not consistently. I've gone through the menus to see if I can reset the shortcuts somehow but to no avail. Copy-paste through the Edit drop-down menu works fine as well as through the Linedefs/Sectors/etc menu, it's only the keyboard shortcuts that don't work (and it gets quite annoying to keep having to "click-click-click-click-click-click-click" insted of "click-push-done" especially when you're doing a lot of them). Any suggestions?

I can think of a couple of possible explanations: one is that there are some conflicts in the key assignments, i.e. that you have also inadvertently assigned Ctrl+Shift+C/V to some other function.

Another is that some other application is grabbing the keystrokes. I remember a clipboard utility that intercepted Ctrl+Shift+C/V for its own purposes.

There are surely other possibilities, but none springs to mind immediately.

As a workaround, it is possible to change the shortcut keys: Go to Tools->Configuration->Shortcut Keys, and then find "Copy Properties" and "Paste Properties" in the list.

I must've completely missed it. Thanks Oogaland, I don't know what could be grabbing the keys but I changed it to Ctrl+Shift+X (like cut but it copies) for now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back