Windows 7 is ignoring cmcs21.ocx

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fawfulfan

The Tortured Planet guy
I just got a new computer, and am using Windows 7 for the first time ever. When I try to edit the MAINCFG lump in SRB2 Doom Builder, it acts like it doesn't have cmcs21.ocx, even though it's in there.

I did select "Run as Administrator" for SRB2DB, by the way.

I'll hold your hand. I'm assuming you've already put cmcs21.ocx in system32.

Open the start menu, type "cmd.exe" without the quotes.

Right click the result that comes up, and click run as administrator.

Allow the program to make changes.

Type "regsvr32 cmcs21.ocx" without the quotes, obviously. Press enter.

Then open Doom Builder and try again.

That didn't work, but I fixed it another way.
I'd love to hear how you fixed it since I have the same problem.

I've just installed SRB2DB on Windows 7 x64bit machine. It's refusing to register cmcs21.ocx.

I followed these steps: http://wiki.srb2.org/wiki/User:Ezer%27Arch/Sandbox#When_the_Level_Header_crashes_at_you_.28and_it_pisses_you_off_a_lot.....3E:D.29

Then I got a message something like "This module cmcs21.ocx might not be compatible with this version of Windows you're executing. Verify if it's compatible with x86 or x64 version of regsvr32.exe".

I tried to check Doomworld forums, but the topics I need are unaccessible for visitors. :S

Any help will be appreciated.

Last edited:
You need to make sure that you get the 32-bit version of regsvr32(...)
OMG! It worked. I need to write it somewhere.
Thanks for saving my life. ^^'

OMG^2! The latest build I downloaded some months ago already had the isometric view, but I couldn't pan nor zoom in or out, I see you've implemented the zooming.

When did you start working on this?
About 2 years ago? :3

What a smart tactic, bump an incredibly old problem that's been solved to sneak in a hint that you're continuing work on a community-adored project.

Can't wait to see what you do next.

The one who bumped the topic was Ezer.Arch, not Oogaland, and it was a perfectly valid bump. All that Oogaland was answer Ezer.Arch's question and drop a little hint about Workbench along the way. And even if Oogaland had actually bumped the topic, it still wouldn't have been your job to complain about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back