• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

Prisima's Pixeled Productions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here are Sonic's attacking moves

Which brings up the question, how exactly will fights play out?

The moveset Sonic has seems to consist mostly of abilities intended for getting across stages like a nomal character, give or take one or two. Will the same be said for every other character? How hard will it be to actively attack opponents if the mod is actually about fighting each other and not progressing through the stage as normal?

Also I really like that HUD. Like really badly.

Which brings up the question, how exactly will fights play out?

The moveset Sonic has seems to consist mostly of abilities intended for getting across stages like a nomal character, give or take one or two. Will the same be said for every other character? How hard will it be to actively attack opponents if the mod is actually about fighting each other and not progressing through the stage as normal?

Also I really like that HUD. Like really badly.
The fights will play out in small interactive stages with a top-down view, and each player has a set number of lives. To make it more difficult, the stages will try to kill the player in ways including, but not limited to: crushers, lasers, falling rocks, breaking floors, and minibosses. Once the player's HP meter is empty, they die and lose a life. If one player hits another, the attacker gets SP (special points), and the victim loses some HP. When the SP meter is full, the player gets to use their character's Special Move, and the SP meter is emptied. The last one standing wins the match.

Also, the compliment about the HP meter means a lot. I tried to make it look good, and I had to look at some pictures of HP meters on Google to come up with an idea, so thanks. I'm still looking for suggestions on the moveset, and I'm contemplating removing the instashield (too OP in test sessions).

On a partly unrelated note, the moment we've all been wating for:
mockup3.gif

It's... *sniff* beautiful. So fluid and consistent. Near perfection. But I couldn't have done it without the help of MotorRoach, and everyone else who gave feedback.

That newer title screen is just so much better looking. Without a doubt, it certainly looks a lot more natural and vivid than the one before!

For criticism regarding the animation, I'll just first say that I noticed a rather odd difference between frames. Having a closer look at the frames, you can tell that some frames look a bit smoother with thinner outline, while other frames have harder edges and a thicker outlining in general. This might have to do with how you sized down the frames, so you might want to make sure that you resize them through the same method. I personally like going for the Bilinear option, when it comes to these, because it doesn't leaves the weird anti aliased brightening near outlines.

Other than that, it's not really major things, just some inconsistencies such as the pupils, and other things that could be improved. I personally feel that Sonic's head shading looks a bit flat in the last frames, and that they could have some more depth into them.

There are other things that could be fixed up to make the animation flow better, but I feel they are a bit hard to explain, so I'm going to show a quick demonstration of what I mean:

AX4H9lB.gif

Comparison between animations:

mockup3.gif
Om8Ls2H.gif

Just a thing, using the frames I edited wouldn't be much of a good idea, given it was just a quick edit I made, and it's not with the game's palette either. Keep in mind it's for visual reference as a pointer on what to change on the animation.

Still, I'm happy to see that you got around fixing the title screen animation~

IMO it'd be cool if the animation had a bit more "bounce" to it, like when Sonic pops up, but that's already pretty good as-is.

SRB2 Minecraft edition confirmed.
Stupid, pointless 'jokes' aside, those two images are good, Is it possible to add more darker shades on the wings? (You don't have to if you don't.)

In actuality, there will be minecart sections for the upcoming ACZ2, and not necessarily Minecraft related, either. Still have to wonder what a minecart would look like in 2.2, so I'm hoping it has similarities to Prisima's work there (albeit finished).

I resized the logo a bit, and I think it's at an optimal size:
mockup4.png

I know I'm the worst at drawing things around here but, I'm almost sure I'm seeing some ugly "dark-cyan" pixels around the whole thing.

...The minecart looks pretty good IMO, it just needs the shading done and good to go. (Also I didn't remember Sonic was a floating head :P)

The minecart gimmick is most likely a gimmick of grinding on the rails, just saying.

Or maybe they'd use...
you know...
Sectors.
Just listing possibilities.

Pardon, is there something I'm not getting at here? I mentioned ACZ2 and its minecart sections if only because the one guy made a reference to Minecraft. Didn't really mean anything beyond possibly using Prisima's spritework as what minecarts would look like in SRB2.

Pardon, is there something I'm not getting at here? I mentioned ACZ2 and its minecart sections if only because the one guy made a reference to Minecraft. Didn't really mean anything beyond possibly using Prisima's spritework as what minecarts would look like in SRB2.

Again, I was just listing possibilities.

Stupid, pointless 'jokes' aside, those two images are good, Is it possible to add more darker shades on the wings? (You don't have to if you don't.)
I noticed that the wings look rather flat, but I just kept it that way because the title screens of Sonic 1, 2, and 4 all have minor depth too.
I know I'm the worst at drawing things around here but, I'm almost sure I'm seeing some ugly "dark-cyan" pixels around the whole thing.

...The minecart looks pretty good IMO, it just needs the shading done and good to go. (Also I didn't remember Sonic was a floating head :P)
The dark cyan pixels were the result of me scaling the logo on a cyan background instead of a transparent one, and I didn't bother fixing it in the picture because it's just an example. The Sonic head was there to show you how Sonic would look if he rode in a minecart, like a Sonic ruler.
In actuality, there will be minecart sections for the upcoming ACZ2, and not necessarily Minecraft related, either. Still have to wonder what a minecart would look like in 2.2, so I'm hoping it has similarities to Prisima's work there (albeit finished).
It would be awesome for my artwork to be in an official build of SRB2, but one can only dream~

I noticed that the wings look rather flat, but I just kept it that way because the title screens of Sonic 1, 2, and 4 all have minor depth too.

The dark cyan pixels were the result of me scaling the logo on a cyan background instead of a transparent one, and I didn't bother fixing it in the picture because it's just an example. The Sonic head was there to show you how Sonic would look if he rode in a minecart, like a Sonic ruler.

It would be awesome for my artwork to be in an official build of SRB2, but one can only dream~

If there's going to be minecarts, there would actually be no reason to reject putting your art in the game

There would, but only cause a couple other people are working on minecarts as well. Including me. (I've been told they need to be sprites, not sectors. PolyObjects aren't *that* good.)

Yours looks pretty good proportion-wise, but it's shaded like it's made of plastic. Maybe look at Blade's Metal Sonic for references on how to shade metal objects, and take a look at the wood textures currently in the game for the reddy-brown parts?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back