Version 2.1 Release

Status
Not open for further replies.
Want to know why there's so many 2.1 patches?
HTisMpC.jpg

If we can go a week without having to release a new patch, the installer will be updated to just install whatever the latest patch winds up being.

We didn't have a patch during the week, so you can update the installer X)

The only thing that really bothers me is the changes skin of knuckles that made him taller than sonic thus taller than shields, and the fact that sonic's controls are a bit different because of the brake effects.. i dont seem to stop right on place when i thok anymore xD OH yea and the game mode menu could have a memory so i dont have to set my server each time again.. xD

Actually, the braking is purely visual. There's no change to those physics at all, just the graphics.

I dont understand why everyone is complaining. I like the Sonic & Tails sprites. I also kinda liked the 2.0 knuckles... But that's just my opinion.

It's the lack of consistency. The new Knuckles sprites appear to have smoother animation from frame to frame and have less "noise" in them. I don't really have a preference for either art style, I just believe we shouldn't have clashing designs.

So, I just looked at the statistics page, and it looks like I've played nearly 50 hours of v2.1 since its release.

...I'd just like to take a moment and say thank you to the developers for the awesome update, and for SRB2 in general. There are very few games out there with 15+ years staying power, and this is one of them. I hope to see the game 100% completed one day.

Yeah this is true. SRB2 is an awesome game and it's still getting updates to be even better. But I'm really afraid of SRB2's future if that thread from 31 march that says srb2 will support md2 and slopes is real. I really like to see all those nice pixelated textures and players, this beautiful gameplay of unlocking secrets and mostly everything (especially the multiplayer). I really hope to see SRB2 with all the levels complete but the same look and gameplay, and don't turn into something like this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f-SKwUThBN8

there is no change? damn then i must be really stupid falling down all the time when trying to thok on a plattform xD the skins are better, there are more colors and all look better but i still think knuckles is too tall...

Yeah this is true. SRB2 is an awesome game and it's still getting updates to be even better. But I'm really afraid of SRB2's future if that thread from 31 march that says srb2 will support md2 and slopes is real. I really like to see all those nice pixelated textures and players, this beautiful gameplay of unlocking secrets and mostly everything (especially the multiplayer). I really hope to see SRB2 with all the levels complete but the same look and gameplay, and don't turn into something like this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f-SKwUThBN8

That thread was an April Fool's joke.

That thread was an April Fool's joke.
Well that's amazing then, because all those things looked awful to me. The only things SRB2 needs now are to get finished, a multiplayer that is not that painful and maybe redoing parts from levels that are unnecessary and/or ugly. Other than that it's perfect.

Last edited:
Version 2.1.7 Release

Posted by Inuyasha on 04-14-2014 05:19 AM.

I told you all this would be the year of 2.1, and I wasn’t kidding. How many other years have we made eight releases in?

This release is being provided both in the form of an installer for those new to the game, and a patch for those who have already installed 2.1. The patch works with any previous version of 2.1.

This release fixes the following issues:

• Fixed an exploit where Bounce Rings would give rings to teammates without disappearing.
  • Fixed an exploit with Tails being able to ascend and keep his flying speed unchanged when over the speed cap.
  • Tails was given Super transformation sprites.
  • Fixed Super Knuckles in Match not having a speed bonus applied to his gliding.
  • Fixed Knuckles being able to use the Whirlwind Shield after leaving a glide.
  • The Final Boss now conveys a certain line-of-sight attack with a guideline as well as a target.
  • Fixed custom Record Attack replays not working for maps above a certain number.
  • Fixed ghosts in Egg Rock Zone 2 always being flipped, even when they left the starting area.
  • Fixed bounded console variables being set to MIN when given any string (including MAX).
  • Many small fixes were made to OpenGL rendering, including fixing Splitscreen mode not working properly.
  • Many fixes and minor changes were made to the maps.
  • Lua:
    • Optimized the Lua backend a bit. There should be less lag when using Lua, especially in object-heavy levels.
    • The game no longer crashes if you refer to a custom console command with the wrong case.
    • The game’s internal console commands can now be replaced with Lua console commands.

View on SRB2.org

Finally Tails got his own super sprites! And there seems to be a lot of more bugs that were annoying and now thery're fixed. Thanks guys!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 3, Members: 0, Guests: 3)

Back