Your Console, and -why!-

Status
Not open for further replies.

Someone

My name is not a troll
The WHY is Important. Include a reason or become lion food
UPDATE #1: Moved due to idiocy.

Personally, my choice is between either the Xbox 360 or the PC. I chose the Xbox 360 partly for it's brilliant Xbox Live feature (Yes, it costs, I understand & accept that, but I feel for a standardized service which specific companies cannot screw you over for beacuse a game got old is worth the £40 a year) and partly beacuse the console does everything I need it or want it to do - stream videos, play video games, let me play with my friends (& Cue), etc.

I'd prefer the PC if mine was more powerful, however. It's a incredibly diverse gaming platform and the avalibility of programs and tools for it mean you can (if you have the time, the effort & the skill) create amazing things such as OS's.. or games.. like SRB2. The Internet is also a big selling point for the PC beacuse.. well.. it's the internet.
It also has a huge install base. See your reading this? Then you (most likely) have a PC.

</post>

PC > All, imo

I hate the others because you have to pay for online and it has a faulty control scheme, and it generally is less customizable. PC is also more powerful and in some cases has better graphics.

Please explain this "faulty control scheme".

Anyhoo, I would vote PS2 because it is the only one I have currently, aside from my PSP, and it gets annoying after a while.

Jurai_Madman said:
Please explain this "faulty control scheme".

Put it this way:

Rotate your control stick in the correct direction whilst probably missing and having very little control over your speed, as opposed to moving your mouse and making things a hell of a lot easier when changing your speed and direction.

My computer, my reason? EMULATION!

NESten is the perfect NES-PC emulator.
I have yet to find an SNES emulator better than ZSNESW.
NO$GBA is the best Portable Nintendo System Emulator.
PJ64 is excellent as an N64 emulator.
ePSXe for PlayStation.

Chaos Knux said:

I have yet to find an SNES emulator better than ZSNESW.
NO$GBA is the best Portable Nintendo System Emulator.
ePSXe for PlayStation.

NESten < FCE Ultra
ZSNESW < SNES9x
PJ64 < PJ64K
ePSXe = pSX (pSX can boot games ePSXe can't, yet has somewhat less customizable features)

I favor the Xbox 360, simply because everything else I have isn't as enjoyable. My PC is a piece of crap, so I can't run anything on it. (Although, aren't most PC game FPSs?) The Wii has a crappy game selection, mostly composed of 1st party rehashes and 3rd party shovel-ware. Aaaand I don't own a PS3, so I can't really play it.

arnold_the_bartender said:
NESten < FCE Ultra
ZSNESW < SNES9x
PJ64 < PJ64K
ePSXe = pSX (pSX can boot games ePSXe can't, yet has somewhat less customizable features)

Sorry, but I have to disagree with ZSNES < SNES9x. While SNES9x can run more games, ZSNES runs them better, even with filters and improved sound. If I have a rom that runs in both, I always pick ZSNES.

Chaos Knux said:

I have yet to find an SNES emulator better than ZSNESW. I did.
NO$GBA is the best Portable Nintendo System Emulator. If you are using the DS one, of course.
ePSXe for PlayStation.

This is one reason why I dislike emulation. It takes the fun out of playing a game. A superb game like Donkey Kong Country 2 doesn't seem to have that "feel" like it always does.

I prefer the PC. I was never really fond of the XBOX 360, even if I own it.

My ps3 because, well just face it the wii isn't exactly the best console out thereanymore since most games are just really using wii controls as a gimmick.

Wii because I live in a family with 3 bros.
Also it has party games,and the better Sonic games on the Wii*Besides DS

Nintendo 64. It has a lot of my favorite games, some which I don't even have. (I played most of them at a cousins house, like Pokemon Stadium 2 and Rayman 2. I tried playing them on an emulator, they just aren't the same.)

arnold_the_bartender said:
NESten < FCE Ultra My comp can't run FCE Ultra for some reason. Don't bother helping, I don't wanna know, NESten is good enough for me.
ZSNESW < SNES9x ZSNESW runs the games I want to play better.
PJ64 < PJ64K I don't use multiplayer that often, so I don't need a Kaillera client.

Well, their only illegal if you don't own a legal copy. I obey the law, as all my emulator games are games I own physical copyies of, or owned physical copies of at time of download. The save batteries died in the ROMs I don't legally own now, and I sold them to GameStop afterwards The guy there doesn't even check them, he just gives out cash based on the system +whether he's heard of it or not. Let's say he takes my Pokemon Gold, $20.00 for GBC game + $5.00 because he is one of the few people left alive with internet that don't know who Samus Aran is.

And this is where I say....

"I wish the Wii had better games."
I own a Wii and I believe it has a lot of potential to be a good system... What's the problem? Unless you only play Rayman, Sonic, and the first party titles, you're not going to get much excitement.
However, this year looks like it could help the Wii out of this really tough pickle of having the worst lineup of games ever.

I may own other consoles, but nothing beats my PC. Durability, versatility and the best experience for online games, homebrew and first person shooters.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back