Suggestions

Replace Spring Hill with Botanic Serenity, or make the required emblems for it lower. Seriously, SHZ for 100 emblems? Most of the setpieces in it are used for the special stages anyway.

It's a legacy unlockable, it was the first Nights stage ever made. Also, don't worry, Pandora's Box is even worse.

Do you really want a repeat of SA2's 180 emblem unlockable, though, where something awesome gets hidden behind a ridiculous requirement?

Yes. That actually makes the effort worth it. Previously Spring Hill Zone was a great deal of fun because it was really the only Nights stage. Not that it isn't fun now, but it's more a novelty at this point. I respect that it's a legacy stage, the first Nights on ever made and so forth, but it doesn't make for a good final unlockable. I would very much prefer something like Botanic Serenity.

Here's my suggestion, can somebody please remove the oxygen bubble from destroyed enemies gimmick in Azure Temple? It's a real pain in the colon to have your momentum halted by touching those stupid oxygen bubbles, especially right over a bottomless pit.

You could always have the bubbles stay, just when you hit them and recover air they don't halt your movement like the bubbles that come out of the ground.

I also have an idea to contribute: some kind of feature editable via LUAs that allows custom player colors as long as the WAD/Soc that adds the colors is added to the game.

Last edited:
Hint: Get one of the Elemental Shields around in ATZ (there's like 3 or 4 total IIRC), and the bubbles will no longer be a nuisance to you. You don't need to breathe bubbles when you're equipped with that in particular!

BIRDA1.png
BUNYA1.png
MOUSA1.png
CHICA1.png
COWZA1.png

I have two suggestions that are related to the same subject. Above sprites of freed animals look slightly outdated and do not fit the art style in comparison to main characters like Sonic, Tails, Knuckles, Eggman and Badniks. As Monitors have been updated in the recent version of the game, Animal sprites could be modified to resemble more of their original designs from early games (see image here, courtesy of Sonic Retro). Another suggestion is that more different types of animals could be added to the game in order to bring variety for each Zone.

EDIT: Okay, so the second suggestion has been already posted here before back in 2009.

Last edited:
srb20002.png

What happened to the spring? There was always one to make it up for the rather hard spring bounce section so that you can skip the platforming. Now it just forces me to go down there as if I went the other way around.

Could you give a ring counter for Record Attack that tells you how many rings are left? It's a little frustrating when you spend more than 10 minutes in a smallish level like GFZ2 and get close to 340 rings; but don't get the perfect bonus. :/

Something like "RINGS: 15/360" would be fine.

Last edited:
Mlooksens should come back!

Will it be possible to bring back Mlooksens? (Probably the 4th time I've said this now..)

"I'm finding aiming to be very slippery when moving my mouse up and down. I use to have my mousesens at 44 and mlooksens at 23 because that's what I was use to and having them merge together is now just makes it a lot harder to aim in Match and CTF."

Even when I'm playing in single player I find it very annoying of how fast I look up and down which pretty much screws me up when I'm causally playing in 3rd person.

You could say "why don't you just slow down your mouse sensitivity?" Well the that will slow down my mousesens looking left and right which will be very uncomfortable for me personally.

Please can we redo Ability2 completely, the current way it works is ick.
What I suggest is:

0 = CA2_None = No Spinjump, No Multi, No Spindash

1 = CA2_Spinjump = Spinjump, No Multi, No Spindash
2 = CA2_Spindash = No Spinjump, Spindash, No Multi
3 = CA2_Multiability = No Spinjump, No Spindash, Multi

4 = CA2_SpinJumpDash = Spinjump, Spindash, No Multi
5 = CA2_MultiSpinJump = Spinjump, No Spindash, Multi
6 = CA2_MultiDash = No Spinjump, Spindash, Multi

7 = CA2_All = Spinjump, Multi, Spindash

Or instead combine flags: (Default 3)

1 = SpinJump
2 = Spindash
4 = Multiability
8 = NoJumpSpin

Or we could just throw nojumpspin into the "flags" with the other extra stuff.

The reason I suggest this is I ran into an issue where I was trying to give a character no spindash and no multiability, aka CA2_None; but it removed their ability to jumpspin as well which is not what I wanted and I swore during previous 2.1 testings it used to have spin jump.

I think your ideas do make sense Senku, although you can easily alleviate your issue with Lua. I have some basic scripts that basically do everything that CA2_MultiDash would do for all three of the game's main characters. If you'd like to know more about them and how you would use them, drop me a message.

Are we going to ever accept that we have a yellow chaos emerald, not an orange one?
Cause that's the biggest thing for me right now.

Would be cool if the Ring record in Record Attack highlighted perfects when they happen, since they're the only record that can be objectively perfected. I just unexpectedly got a Perfect Bonus in AGZ record attack but looking at the screen there's nothing to show for it, which is disappointing.

I don't suppose the Timer during NiGHTS Mode's Record Attack can appear outside Record Attack? It may have a use during NiGHTS Maps since you tend to test the level many times and it would be good to know how long you took and to see how can you improve to set a suitible Time for Time Emblems and such.

Of course... another use is knowing when to set delayed linedef execs correctly during NiGHTS Mode outside Record Attack.

Last edited:
I would like to see a Air Bar when you sumerge into water, and when the bar is going to end, then the timer starts, and when the bar is empty and the count is 0 then we die, i think knowing how much air we have is an interesting point for srb2, since places like DSZ or ATZ, where water even flies in the planet's core, are almost full of water. and maybe a more detailed Level Select menu? There's just a thingy with the map's name and the map image, there should be a description for every stage, idk, something useful or a tip, that screen feels really empty for me.

I would like to have the old SOC system, 2.1's one, sorry for being rude, it's a total bullshit!!We have to put names everywhere and it's more confusing than helpful.

We have to put names everywhere and it's more confusing than helpful.
Please explain how descriptive names and constants that actually represent what they're supposed to be are more confusing than meaningless numbers everywhere and state/object conflicts between different SOCs.

Using names instead of numbers eliminates both a) the problem of other people being completely unable to figure out your SOCs viewing them, and for the most part, b) the even sillier problem of SOCs clashing with each other.

By the way, it's still entirely possible to write SOCs just like in 2.0, but you'll be a laughing stock for using it. Don't come crying to us if it clashes with the SOC numbers of your favourite SRB2 level pack mod.

I just mean that I have to port my SOC but they're totally broken, the boss thinker for instance who... doesn't seem to work... at all.

And I just noticed that puts number instead of names could help me...
Also I didn't liked that you have to put everything under FREESLOT, can't the game do this alone?

I just mean that I have to port my SOC but they're totally broken, the boss thinker for instance who... doesn't seem to work... at all.

And I just noticed that puts number instead of names could help me...
Also I didn't liked that you have to put everything under FREESLOT, can't the game do this alone?
Of course the SOC broke, slot numbers have changed. Same with some of the parameters for them. Take some time to learn the new syntaxes and then attempt to convert it afterwards.

As for freeslots, the numbered slots were removed in order to stop confusing the game. You can assign freeslots to any word now instead of being restricted to a limited number of slots that will likely conflict with other SOCs. Trust me, it's better this way.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 2, Members: 0, Guests: 2)

Back