Textures

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kuba11

^Avatar made by VOLT!^
I ususally try to figure out things myself, but this looks to be a little more complex. Could somebody explain to me how to insetr textures into my wad file? I've read pnames are no longer used and you use a text based lump.

After a few tries, I still can't make this work, it seems that I'm missing something trivial.
Here is what I wrote in textures lump:

texture HPROCKXX, 256, 256
{
patch HPROCK1A, 0, 128
patch HPROCK1B, 0, 0
}

HPROCK1A and B are graphic files that should be both part of the texture (HPROCKXX).
Should I make some sort of additional lump for the texture itself, or maybe there are some markers missing?

Well, I did that before and it still didn't work. I double checked. The type of the lump is "unknown", but i don't know if that's significant.

Should be "wallTexture" instead of "Texture" for it to work in SRB2. Yeah, we fiddled the syntax a bit for some reason.
Walltexture is TEXTURES syntax, actually. Specifically, it's the syntax for a texture entry that cannot be used as a flat. SRB2 does not yet support using textures as flats, so we enforce the use of this syntax to ensure existing TEXTURES lumps continue to behave correctly when that feature is eventually added.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back