Zone Builder Visual Mode Issue...

Status
Not open for further replies.

ARTEZUI

Also known as CyberSonic
I was using Zone Builder, and I attempted to access Visual Mode to edit wall textures, and what I got was an instant error, followed by a crash, reading:

***********SYSTEM INFO***********
GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660
Zone Builder: v2.6

********EXCEPTION DETAILS********
BuilderModes: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
at CodeImp.DoomBuilder.BuilderModes.BaseVisualMode.GetSectorData(Sector s)
at CodeImp.DoomBuilder.BuilderModes.BaseVisualSector.GetSectorData()
at CodeImp.DoomBuilder.BuilderModes.BaseVisualSector.Rebuild()
at CodeImp.DoomBuilder.BuilderModes.BaseVisualSector..ctor(BaseVisualMode mode, Sector s)
at CodeImp.DoomBuilder.BuilderModes.BaseVisualMode.CreateVisualSector(Sector s)
at CodeImp.DoomBuilder.VisualModes.VisualMode.ProcessSidedefCulling(Sidedef sd)
at CodeImp.DoomBuilder.VisualModes.VisualMode.DoCulling()
at CodeImp.DoomBuilder.VisualModes.VisualMode.OnProcess(Single deltatime)
at CodeImp.DoomBuilder.BuilderModes.BaseVisualMode.OnProcess(Single deltatime)
at CodeImp.DoomBuilder.Windows.MainForm.processor_Tick(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Timer.OnTick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Timer.TimerNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

Has anyone else encountered this error? I've tried reopening Zone Builder and entering visual mode inside of a sector, and I get the same results. I don't know how to fix this, and I haven't really seen anyone else here talking about it.

Were you able to use Visual Mode prior to some changes you made in your map? Can you use it in other maps? Does the visual mode in the most recent build of GZDoom Builder work for you or does that crash too?

Were you able to use Visual Mode prior to some changes you made in your map? Can you use it in other maps? Does the visual mode in the most recent build of GZDoom Builder work for you or does that crash too?
No, actually. This all started when I re-installed it to a new computer. On my other computer previous to this one, it worked absolutely fine, and rarely crashed, but here it refuses to work at all.

I attempted to run GZDoom Builder and it wouldn't even load correctly for me. The window would open, and the program would work for about 5 seconds before freezing entirely. I could do other things on my computer while it did this, but for some reason the program wasn't even interactable.

Visual mode works fine on other maps, and will work entirely fine until I change something or place an object, then the same error comes up. The same goes for the new maps, and I can't figure out what's wrong. My method of testing is drawing a sizable box to create a sector in an entirely new map, not saved to a wad, then entering visual mode, which always follows with the same crash.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back