Joining and/or hosting games

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slurgly

This is probably been asked before, and I've heard other people have the same problem, but I don't know how to fix it. When I try to join servers, I see usually a few of em up tops. However, when I use listserv or look on ms.srb2.org, I see that there are several servers up and running. If I try to join any of these by IP, it won't connect. Also I have the issue of people not being able to join my server, even though it says I'm connected to the Master Server.

I believe it means they failed with their portforwarding.
Just a guess though. I could be catastrophically wrong, so dont hold me to it.

Remember,only servers pop up that are using your version of Srb2.

So no Old/Mods Srb2 versions pop up.

~Autosaver

Slurgly said:
This is probably been asked before, and I've heard other people have the same problem, but I don't know how to fix it. When I try to join servers, I see usually a few of em up tops. However, when I use listserv or look on ms.srb2.org, I see that there are several servers up and running. If I try to join any of these by IP, it won't connect. Also I have the issue of people not being able to join my server, even though it says I'm connected to the Master Server.

Same problem here, hence my post in the "Have you already quit?" topic lol. Can't be me because 4 days ago people would join like crazy. It just stopped all of a sudden I guess, even though it gets registered on the MS. And I'm using the same version as everyone else.

Last I checked, the master server is buggy and tends not to refresh itself very fast, and so servers that have long been gone would still be listed. I would recommend using the ingame multiplayer menu's server list or Oogaland's netgame launcher.

Also, make sure your ports are forwarded properly when hosting, or else there's no chance of someone joining your netgame. This is actually what many servers have problems with, so even if listserv wasn't buggy, only a fraction of the games listed on ms.srb2.org would be joinable.

Kaysakado said:
Blue Warrior said:
using the ingame multiplayer menu's server list or Oogaland's netgame launcher.
Those are still buggy, as they get their information from the same place that the website gets its information: a very buggy SQL server.

No, both of those only display servers that the two receive a heartbeat from. As far as I know, the SQL problems don't falter it.

Kaysakado said:
Blue Warrior said:
using the ingame multiplayer menu's server list or Oogaland's netgame launcher.
Those are still buggy, as they get their information from the same place that the website gets its information: a very buggy SQL server.

Who's idea was it to use an SQL anyways?

It isn't a SQL problem.

This is a coding problem which will get fixed god knows when.

Kaysakado said:

Who's idea was it to use an SQL anyways?

A very buggy SQL server? You mean the SQL server software that half the planet uses? >_>

Do not try to assume upon that which you do not understand.

Sonict said:
This is a coding problem which will get fixed god knows when.

Oh, I know how to fix it, I just can't till the next SRB2 release because it requires a slight alteration to improve efficiency...

Honestly, we wouldn't have these problems if people knew how to take their servers off the MS properly. :/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back