Analog control is digital with Xbox 360 controller!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello. I'm having a problem with analog controls on my Xbox 360 controller. Even with analog control turned on, movement with the left analog stick is digital instead of true analog in this game. I'm using the XBCD drivers for my Xbox 360 controller, which work just fine. I assigned x-axis and y-axis movement to the left stick and it works perfectly in the control panel. Plus, analog movement works just fine with other controllers in this game. Has anyone else had this problem with Sonic Robo Blast 2, or is it just me? Is there any solutions that can be suggested. I like my analog control in this game and would love to restore that for my 360 controller. Thanks!

The analog controls work just fine in other games, so I think it's a problem with this game not recognizing my 360 controller as an analog controller. Is there a way to fix this so the game recognizes my controller as an analog one? Thanks!

Are you trying to do analog mode in a netgame? Analog mode does not work in netgames. I don't know the reason why it doesn't, it probably has to do with consistency failures. The only mode you can use analog mode is in single player mode.

Essentially, analog mode controls the player relative to the camera. If analog mode worked in netplay, the camera's location and orientation would have to be sent as well.

Personally, I've always liked WASD/Mouse for SRB2, although I dislike using the 360 controller in SRB2, mostly because of the triggers.

By analog he means controling the character analog. Not analog mode.

Meaning if he push's the analog stick forward half way the character will run half speed. If he push's the analog stick forward completey then the character will run at the fast speed.

The best bet is to use pinacle and map the left or right stick to the mouse. (Depending on what you want analog for, moving or looking) That is the best you can get.

Torgo said:
Analog mode does not work in netgames. I don't know the reason why it doesn't, it probably has to do with consistency failures. The only mode you can use analog mode is in single player mode.

Analog sucks in CTF and Match anyways, the only modes that suffer from a lack of analog are Co-op and Race.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back