Fixed large HoM in GFZ2

Status
Not open for further replies.

MellowJacket

The unreliable judge
In GFZ2 as the player approaches the final starpost, if the player turns left at this point a large HoM appears. The HoM is only visible when viewed from a specific angle and if the player begins turning the view returns to normal.
srb20083.png

Last edited by a moderator:
I would classify that more as a "slime trail" than a HOM. It's a blurry line with this kind of glitch, but I guess we shouldn't quibble.

Anyway, it looks to me as though this is the result of excessive openness in the level. I bet that could be solved by shifting some stuff around, possibly adding new ledges, or simply moving the wall a little further in.

That's really odd... this was a very widely known bug long ago but I'm 100% sure it was fixed somewhere in the 1.09 era and now it's back for some reason?

It's been around in every single version of GFZ2 since its conception, if I recall correctly.

EDIT: Apparently Prime 2.0 went and fixed it by messing with vertices. If that's the case, then there's no reason not to put the fixed version in.

Last edited by a moderator:
犬夜叉;673426 said:
It's been around in every single version of GFZ2 since its conception, if I recall correctly.

EDIT: Apparently Prime 2.0 went and fixed it by messing with vertices. If that's the case, then there's no reason not to put the fixed version in.

gfzfix.png

Moved these two up by one fracunit, for the curious.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back