Another mistake the devs made.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chromatian

KartKrew™
Sonic Team Junior
Kart Krew™️
While searchig for Tails's emblem, I found a checkpoint underwater on the right path of Castle Eggman Zone 1.

rj2k4n.png

I found this very amusing.

I always wondered why that starpost was there. Early on when I didn't know any better I'd stay under that water for longer than I really should've just trying to find the route that checkpoint corresponded to. It's like, if you see a checkpoint you never expect it to be a dead end path - it's interesting how easily we can take such subtle player behaviours for granted.

To add, in the place you use the diagonal springs in CEZ1 to jump over a fence, there is no spring in the water so if you fall in, Sonic is stuck.

I think that was due to the fact that the old starpost converter exe didn't account for the z-heights of the starposts.

The starpost converter merged in with the current level converter. I believe that issue was fixed.

To add, in the place you use the diagonal springs in CEZ1 to jump over a fence, there is no spring in the water so if you fall in, Sonic is stuck.

Please elaborate or take a picture. I can't find the area you are speaking about.

After taking the right path:

inescape.png

If Sonic falls in the pool of water surrounding that trunk, he's stuck until he drowns.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back