Has Cue's server fallen out of fashion?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not really sure how hosting a master server that gets no longer gets any traffic was a smart move on your part. Blue Warrior's master server may contain a great number of "sub-par" netgames, but your server contains no netgames at all.

Who won here?

Blue Warrior's server had at least 6 servers connected in the past 10 minutes as of the time of this posting.
Cue's master server had 6 servers connected over the past three days.

Good luck finding a netgame on a master server that only provides two servers per day.

It's times like these that I REALLY wish that we had a version of the MSLauncher that could be set to check multiple Master Servers at once.

Yeah I think Cue is intending to get more then just 6 people hosting in three days, we've already explained why there's basically no people right now and that half the people on Blue's MS are the roleplayers, more people will start joining the official master server soon.

Whatever your plan was, you cannot exactly make your server the default again because that will simply make everything go to yours instead of Blue's once again because for most of those players, they did not change their Master Server settings, you did. As long as there is a default Master Server address, said default Master Server is going to have the most activity and the most trash, regardless of what anyone can try to do about it.

I don't think the key here is activity as much as it is prosperity. Before this change, half of the community was tired of hangouts while the other half was tired of their hangouts being interrupted. If there's a lack of peace between the two sides, I would expect the competitive side to move back to ms.srb2.org, so as far as I'm concerned, it works out either way.

fawfulfan said:
It's times like these that I REALLY wish that we had a version of the MSLauncher that could be set to check multiple Master Servers at once.

Well, technically, you can just open up two MS Launchers and change the address on one of them.

"said default Master Server is going to have the most activity and the *most trash*"

Well as that's Blue's MS then good. Also Cue's MS is still basically the default server, its just that currently alot of the people hosting on Blue's Server for some reason don't know how to change server adresses or even if they have to.

Throwing the baby out with the bathwater is hardly sound logic. But whatever, I'm not the one paying for a master server that receives next to no traffic.

Carry on.

Jazz said:
Throwing the baby out with the bathwater is hardly sound logic. But whatever, I'm not the one paying for a master server that receives next to no traffic.

Carry on.

Why does everyone seem to think we're paying for the master server? Logan pays for the SRB2.org server, it just so happens that we use the master server on it, along with the site and some game servers. Nobody pays for the MS. Having it up or having it down makes no difference to finance and nothing is wasted.

Blue Warrior said:
Well, technically, you can just open up two MS Launchers and change the address on one of them.

That doesn't work, Blue Warrior. I've tried it. If you change the address on one, it'll change on the other, too.

The MS launcher uses the registry to save your config, so yeah, it'll do that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back