Nobody plays Match mode anymore...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Explain to me how co-op is over rated. Seriously. Co-op was the first working multiplayer mode in classic Sonic. sure there was splitscreen race, but that sucked because the tiles existed only for three of... 12 zones. Sky Chase and Death Egg don't suit themselves to race that well, but it is only an estimate.

Coop can be entertaining, but personally I don't enjoy Coop much unless I'm playing with someone I know IRL on a LAN or splitscreen. It just isn't fun to play it with random people on the internet because nobody actually cooperates on random games. It just turns into race without a ranking screen.

I'm not saying Coop is always bad--I've had some fun times with it. I just think Match is a lot more fun, because it's got some stuff Coop doesn't.

Coop is way different then Match. Though I'm more of a CTF person, I do sometimes enjoy playing coop, honestly. The only reason I'm not into match is because of the fact that people actually bully someone that's not very good or use to match. This, I've seen many times. Besides, some people actually quit because of it. Match uses the same maps and such forth, even if you add a mod. Some people might not have the same mod as the person does; kicking them out of the game and going to search on the internet just to find the wad. Respawntime 0 and Character Wads are always added most of the time in match unless you know the person you join. Match is a bit boring after a while though, Fawfulan.

SuperSonicStar* said:
Match uses the same maps and such forth, even if you add a mod.

There are plenty of Match mods out there, SuperSonicStar*, so don't kid yourself about that one.

Really, Fawfulan? Even if there are lots and lots of Mods, that still can't seem to fix the problem. And plus to that fact, you may have alot of mods that no one else has. Not everybody downloads and par-takes in match.

SuperSonicStar* said:
The only reason I'm not into match is because of the fact that people actually bully someone that's not very good or use to match. This, I've seen many times.

Then they need to grow up.

Besides, some people actually quit because of it.

They also need to grow up.

Match uses the same maps and such forth, even if you add a mod.

You aren't serious, are you? I'm not going to even counter that.

Some people might not have the same mod as the person does; kicking them out of the game and going to search on the internet just to find the wad.

So what?

Respawntime 0 and Character Wads are always added most of the time in match unless you know the person you join. Match is a bit boring after a while though, Fawfulan.

Uh, okay. The last sentence is entirely based on opinion, though. Not everyone gets bored of it.

SuperSonicStar* said:
Really, Fawfulan? Even if there are lots and lots of Mods, that still can't seem to fix the problem. And plus to that fact, you may have alot of mods that no one else has. Not everybody downloads and par-takes in match.

Seriously, there are LOADS of mods designed specially for Match. BOOLDC, the bimonthly level design match packs, community compilations, and then there's the massive plethora of individual match levels created by the SRB2 community...do you even try to look?

You don't get what he's saying. He's trying to point out that even with all these cool large mods that may be out, people still don't play match, they even neglect to go to look for these levelpacks. It's one of the reasons I never actually hosting any levelpack but a singleplayer one.

What Multiplayer mods? Outside of the contest, there's only Jazzattack (which was fair) and Multiplayer Fusion (which was usually excellent)... plus one or two obscure releases. Spazztastic and the archived maps are not conducive to good netplay. It may be true that MP maps are more common, but MP level packs aren't...

Jazz said:
This is kinda surprising considering a year ago when I was hosting constantly, I usually managed to keep at least five or six players.

This is true, and I was in them sometimes, but then came some events and ideas, some worked perfect... and some didn't so great. Still, I should download SRB2 and see what's been going on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back