Question about sprites

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fawfulfan

The Tortured Planet guy
I'm utterly new to the world of character WAD designing, so please forgive this question:

I need to tinker with sprites a little to create the lumps (I blow them up to four times their size and convert them to PNG format). The problem is that when I import these sprites into SLumpEd, they are surrounded by a rectangular background of white. How do I eliminate the background?

SlumpEd acts strangely with PNGs with cyan. You are going to need to convert to bmp first. Better yet use XWE when trying to do character wads. XWE will put the right coordinates when you load the image into it.

I'm sorry, but that didn't help at all. I need to know if, say, there's a certain color that will be transparent when I import the file.

To my knowledge, the whole idea of ".png files are better than .bmp files" is mostly for display on the web. If your harddrive has some space to spare, I'd recommend saving your images as .bmp files.

Also, use the cyan color XWE provides in the background. If you need the color, you can either save a sprite that you found from another wad, or you can use the printscreen button on your keyboard.

Alright the picture is the exact color that it needs to be, so XWE can see that as a transparent part.
1z1z4tt.png
(use right click and save image as)

Also the character tutorial on the wiki will help you as well. http://wiki.srb2.org/wiki/Character_WAD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back