Enemy replacement thingy (Draykenemies.wad)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Princess Plushima

Princess of Dreams
Judge
Ok, I dunno how long I've been working on this, but it's been quite awhile. What we have here, is a replacement for many of the enemies in the game. It's not 100% complete however, as I hope to replace ALL the enemies in the game. (Excluding the Mario Mode enemies.)

So, here's your download link:
http://www.supersanctuary.net/srpgp/ffh/download.php?file=f6498080d828fec3905adb53103636f3
(Please do not complain of my using SRB2FFH without first checking to insure the download link is broken, which it isn't)
Here's your one screenshot:
srb20009uk2.png

And here's a description of all the enemies I've made so far:

Aero Thingy
Replaces: Blue Crawla
This little guy will just float around, roughly following the player. Not particularly harmfull, but a bit of an annoyance around springs.

STOD (Spinning Top Of Doom)
Replaces: Red Crawla
These relatively annoying enemies will dash at you, in short bursts of high speed. Unlike Crawlas, they make an annoying sound, and can be herded into out-of-the-way pit areas.

Fire Starter
Replaces: Gold Buzz
These enemies... were a much bigger threat in my head. They'll just sit in place, spewing fire upwards. They'd probably be more of a menace if they were placed in more logical places, but oh well.

Grenader
Replaces: Red Buzz
Ah, now these guys produce a challenge. They'll float in place (Which, thanks to the placement of Buzzes, is usually out of reach) And launch short-ranged grenades at the player. They can often make otherwise easy paths a relative challenge, and are best avoided just by running fast.

Z-Wing
Replaces: Jetty-Syn Gunner
Ah, the infamous Z-Wings. A Draykon Vokelda classic. For those of you unfamiliar with these enemies, they move quickly, launching waves of bullets at the player. A fitting replacement for the Gunner if I may say so. They're difficult to defeat, and your best bet when facing them is to just run. (Be glad I moved these guys to the Gunner slot, they used to replace the Crawlas >_>)

Those are all the enemies I've devised so far, suggestions are welcome, as well as constructive critisism, and mindless bashing.

:D

Wow! That was fun!
Seriously, just playing made me wanne create a level only with these new "thingies".

So here is what I like and why:

- First of all the STODs. Technically these dashs are not more dangerous, than a faster crawla, but it forces the STODs even to chase down cliffs if necessary, which is a nice addition. To watch them moving is so funny. After I have seen thousands of enemies moving straight and monotonously into sonics direction, this zigzag is a nice change. They are kinda cute. :mrgreen:

- Then the Aeros... Well... They look and act like balloons. Balloons remind me of funfair. I LOVE FUNFAIR. So these are cool, too. xD

- The Fire starters... kinda useless, but they look nice and would fit perfectly into a factory zone.

- The Grenaders... INVASION *panic*! But wait... where are the green little men from mars? Anyway, these would fit into a space station or something like that. Technically they are a little simple, but challenging. I like running threw the explosions.

- The Z-Wings... GRRR hate those. I don't like too much how their looking, but they kick a**. I am always thoking past them, getting a few bullets right into my back. Annoying, but funny. I am doing right now as you said. Just running away. ;)

And here are suggestions:

- The STODs are not high enough. You can thok right threw their heads without touching them. Just increase the things height a little more.

- The FIRESTARTERs are not as useless as SDURFs, but I think it would be better, to let the flames fall down after they flew high up into the sky. The flames might be moving slowly into Sonic's direction, too. That would cause a rain of fire everytime Sonic is reaching him. Kinda like a fire-fountain.

- And last but not least one thing I realized in GFZ1. As long as you are walking along a platform at one heightlevel without jumping, the aeros are not able to attack you. But I think that's not a big deal, because it is very unplausible that there's a level in a platform-game where you don't have to jump. :wink:

The beach balls are even more usless than Crawlas.
The drills are just weird.
The flamethrowers could be useful with proper placing.
The UFO is a bomb turret (pretty cool).
They all look ugly as hell. :X

You know, the areos are kinda cool.

Although they occasionally dip down and hit me.

I made a WAD a long time ago, and it was just a big field FULL of blue crawlas.

Maybe you could go there and see who can collect the most 'balloons'. :mrgreen:
----------------------------------------------------------------
This is what I think you should replace the jetty-syn bo/mber with:

An enemy that acts like a moving crusher, following you and trying to smash you.
(Not affected by gravity.)

The beach balls can gather to much speed over long distances. They should also replace the crawla comander because of similar movment pattern.

The drills need to wait longer and dash farther.

The flamethrowers should replace a different thing, like the flame.

The bomb turret is cheep-o.

whoa that was a lot of erasing :eek: and for all of you noobs the link DOES work! do not try to make less people download it! draykon at least should get SOME respect! and draykon great wad! or was it a soc? :?

It's pretty cool. I didn't know the Fire Starter could even be done. The Grenader is actually annoying, as there's no way you can kill them from the high spots they start off, and if you even try to thok at them, you'll most likely be shot with a bomb ring before you could touch them.

If you want, I could give them slightly better shading, as well as animate them.

Actually, the Firestarters and STODs were originally animated. But the way I did the SOC, it wasn't really possible. Might be able to fix it though....

the areo's WERE a problem especually on the springs some of them even got underwater and hit me but only a few times.

ok i WILL admit the STOD's did scare me a few times when they came out of nowhere from behind and hit me XD.

the fire starters wouldve been alot better if they could stick to the walls but i will also admit i did get annoyed by them because i would roll into them and take damage.

the grenaders were no problem since they dont move. if they shot faster or moved then they wouldve been a problem.

the Z-wings were not a problem since i had supersonic by then, but i know they wouldve been a problem if i didnt

Shuffle said:
The beach balls are even more usless than Crawlas.
The drills are just weird.
The flamethrowers could be useful with proper placing.
The UFO is a bomb turret (pretty cool).
They all look ugly as hell. :X
No offence but have you seen your avatar? THAT is as ugly as hell.

Naturally.
I'm still open for suggestions of what kind of enemies to make. I have only a couple ideas, and they aren't really that great.

The robo-fishes could be used as Gunners of sorts. Kinda have them shoot bullets in a little pattern like:

Tat-pause-tat-pause-tat-pause-pause-pause-repeat.

The bombers could be kind of like moving versions of the afore mention turret?

I actually tried to make a soc where SDURFs shot a homing-rail-auto-bomb ring for 2 seconds, and then stopped for 5. I wasn't able to do it, but you could try.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back