September/October 2010 Voting

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh snap. This contest looks terrible judging by the reviews.

Well, I guess it's my turn to vote...

*puts on sunglasses*

(In other words, I'll just play the single player maps and vote later.)

Rainy Jungle Zone by A Cat:
2/10

...I really don't know what to say. It's just a bunch of lame and mostly cramped platforming. The textures don't really fit at all, and the gimmicks were boring and unoriginal. The enemy placement was lazily done as well.

Medivo Zone by glaber: 1/10

This level is pretty much like Rainy Jungle Zone, except it doesn't have anything new and/or interesting whatsoever. If was very unoriginal and lazily done. You pretty much slapped together a few textures, put on some moving platforms, added lava and enemies, and called it "Medivo Zone"

Frosty Floe Zone by Brawl
: 2/10

*Run, jump, run, jump, run, jump, run, jump*

"O SHIT A TRAP."

*Avoids*

*Run, jump, run, jump, run, jump, run, jump*

*Repeat*

Yeah, that pretty much sums it up.

Conclusion:

A very anti-climatic contest, easily forgettable.

Overall I'd give it a 2/10.

Last edited:
Single Player:
Rainy Jungle Zone by A Cat 2/10 I really don't know why the people don't work on the map after upload it.
Medivo Zone by glaber 2/10 As I was Saying, coop is not a great gametype but it is not a reason to make that kind of bored maps
Frosty Floe Zone by Brawl 6/10 the decent map on the pack, it's obiously that it has problems, is a single map, but Brawl has a nice idea just he need to improve it.

Match:
MAPM1 - Northern Desert Zone by nightmare cenz/123 Runite 8/10 great map, but in the inside area I found it so monotone, maybe is the texture.
MAPM2 - Digital Forest Zone by Metal Fighter 6/10 It has a weird an original idea, but I didn't found it perfect to match.

CTF:
MAPF1 - Frosted Meadows Zone by Nitrous Bunny 9/10 Great map, I liked the textures but I really don't know why my Computer got crashed with the map.
MAPF2 - Dead Canyon Zone by A Cat 2/10 Seriously, isn't a great map to CTF, and it has a lot of scatter rings.
MAPF3 - Heinous Hidehole Zone by RedEchidna 7/10 Well I like the map but it looks bored.

Circuit:
MAPR1 - Stupid Circuit Zone by Neo Chaotikal 6/10 Well it is a original idea to race, but (in my opinion) it has a lot of things to improve.

Single Player

Rainy Jungle Zone
by A Cat 5/10
I liked the design and the textures you used... (even though they could toast your eyes). This level has the same problem Metal Fighter's map has (Look Bellow for more info)

Medivo Zone
by glaber 3/10
REDISHNESS ALL AROUND =O!!!, Ahem, The layout was...weird and that Red texture you used for ...everything, was ugly. I liked the "Mini plants" and those cubes with ...fire? inside though.

Frosty Floe Zone
by Brawl 6/10
I liked this one, It looked nice in some parts even though It had red walls behind some columns and/or walls... other than that it was a nice map. (probably the best one in this version of the coop division)

Match

MAPM1 - Northern Desert Zone by nightmare cenz/123 Runite Tiritiririri/??
Woo the desert thing Runite and I made. :D

MAPM2 - Digital Forest Zone by Metal Fighter 6/10
Good Things; It looked pretty in some areas and awful in others, I liked the fact you Mixed that green (and blue) squares texture(s) with the other textures (we dont get that kind of "Revolutionary" Ideas every day, do we?)

In the other hand, I could get lost easily... that or land in that geiser thing.

[Offtopic], I was running away from Runite (in tag). then I ran up to what seemed to be a ..dead end, then I turned around and runite was there...he shot me and won... curse you Runite, Curse you D:[/Offtopic]

CTF

MAPF1 - Frosted Meadows Zone by Nitrous Bunny 5/10
It lags a lot and it doesnt have a lot of ways to escape from the evil blue team (if red), However, it didn't look that bad.

MAPF2 - Dead Canyon Zone by A Cat 3/10
I wasn't a bad map at all... but the fact it had too many weapons pannels lowers its score... However, the main reason I'm giving this level a 3 out of a 10 is that I...
I HATE IT WHEN I HAVE TO PASS THROUGH AN UNDERWATER PATH IN ORDER TO GET MY BUTT TO THE OTHER TEAM'S BASE! D:<!

MAPF3 - Heinous Hidehole Zone by RedEchidna 9/10
I loved this one, it looks nice, it has a good layout, It has good textures and whatnot, However I hated the Invisible wall (until I Realized OPENGL isnt that good...)

Circuit

MAPR1 - Stupid Circuit Zone by Neo Chaotikal 7/10
I liked the idea... it is another revolutionary idea (xD), it might be a hell as sonic... but as Tails it is a paradise. It's nice to see Sonic players dying and getting frustrated while trying to realize how to beat this level even though You should have added a normal part for sonic players. (So you could see them getting frustrated twice. At the start and after the second checkpoint.)

srb20038.png

Isnt it a little bit weird to see a Blue fox named "a bread" walking upside down...in MIDDAIR?!

Last edited:
Match
MAPM1 - Northern Desert Zone by nightmare cenz/123 Runite
Over all I thought the map was above decent. It could use a few more things here and there and I did get lost the first 2 times I played on it. I give it a 7/10.
MAPM2 - Digital Forest Zone by Metal Fighter
I kind of rushed my own map :P I had more things planned for it unfortunately the extended week they gave for the submissions to the OLDC I wasn't at home much so I couldn't make the rest of the things. Just goes to show that you shouldn't wait until the last minute.
CTF
MAPF1 - Frosted Meadows Zone by Nitrous Bunny
In my opinion some of the details were great. Unfortunately some of the textures just didn't seem to fit the theme like the GFZ ones and many parts of the map were left bare and could've used more work. I give it a 3/10.
MAPF2 - Dead Canyon Zone by A Cat
I honestly don't know what to think of this map. I found many of the parts in it bare and with little or no detail. Weapon placement was horrible and I also found rings in a death pit. The map seemed to small as well. I give it a 2/10.
MAPF3 - Heinous Hidehole Zone by RedEchidna
Finally a decent CTF map. I found there to be to many team rings in the bases,all in a straight line, and some of the weapon rings a bit to close to each other. The map is a decent size, but it could've use more detail. I found the center to be pretty empty other than rings and stairs. Anyways I did enjoy this CTF. I give it a 5/10.
Circuit
MAPR1 - Stupid Circuit Zone by Neo Chaotikal
Wow. I have certainly never seen a race map like this before. I found no rings, but I really enjoyed playing on it. This is the only map that I enjoyed more than the others. Unfortunately I thought it could've looked a lot better. I give it a 5/10.

2.35 Rainy Jungle Zone by A Cat 1 2 3 1 3 1 3 2 2 1 1 2 5 4 1 4 2 2 2 5
2.5 Medivo Zone by glaber 3 2 - 2 5 Vote Nullified (1) 4 3 1 1 4 1 2 2 3 3 3 1 2 3
3.75 Frosty Floe Zone by Brawl 2 2 2 2 4 4 7 5 3 4 5 0 10 4 3 2 2 2 6 6

8.14 MAPM1 - Northern Desert Zone by nightmare cenz/123 Runite 7 9 7 Vote Nullified (4) 9 10 8 - 7
5.14 MAPM2 - Digital Forest Zone by Metal Fighter Vote Nullified (3) 6 4 3 7 4 6 6 -

4.38 MAPF1 - Frosted Meadows Zone by Nitrous Bunny 3 3 Vote Nullified (2) 2 8 2 - 9 5 3
1.3 MAPF2 - Dead Canyon Zone by A Cat 0 0 0 2 4 0 0 2 3 2
5.75 MAPF3 - Heinous Hidehole Zone by RedEchidna 4 5 5 Vote Nullified (1) 8 - 3 7 9 5

3 MAPR1 - Stupid Circuit Zone by Neo Chaotikal 0 0 4 0 6 0 2 6 7 5

Well, at least there was one high-quality map in this contest. Even when things look bad, some good can come from it. Hopefully we'll have more of the good stuff this December.

Yeah, wow, 8.14 is up there with the other top levels, so good job, I guess. I say I guess because I never really tested these levels out (which is why I never judged them, and it wasn't necessary for me to do so anyway since everybody said all that I needed to know).

Whoa, Northern Desert has a really high score. Sure, it was good, but I don't think it deserves second spot on the leaderboard. Its score was probably inflated quite a bit because people instinctively made up for the awful competition by giving this an even better score. Still, deserved winner and a very solid map.

I guess you're right SpiritCrusher, however... at first I didn't care for that but after seeing the scores it received and after Runite told me anout the leaderboard, I can only say that Im glad to see it got enough points to be in the second spot of it.

Last edited:
Okay then I guess it's about time for me to go voting

Be rigth back.

At the looks of this the maps don't seem too good.

EDIT: DANG

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 3, Members: 0, Guests: 3)

Back