Super Smash Bros [Wii U | 3DS]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Go play A Link Between Worlds, it's awesome.

I wanted that game for a while, but I decided to save up my pocket money for a different game and bought that instead. I might be LAyton something, but perhaps I did the WRight thing... *wink wink nudge nudge*

Just like many people out there, I decided planning which characters I look forward to play as.

25amf4k.png

Mii characters anyone?

I couldn't find much info on the costumes for the Miis to wear. though I didn't do much searching. I think that it uses the Mii plaza outfits though.

...No.

The Mii Plaza "Outfits" are literally just hats of various nintendo/basic characters. As seen in the game the outfits are based around themes for each outfit like "cowboy" and "futuristic football player".

...No.

The Mii Plaza "Outfits" are literally just hats of various nintendo/basic characters. As seen in the game the outfits are based around themes for each outfit like "cowboy" and "futuristic football player".

But don't you want to kick the shit out of Mario while wearing a Virtual Boy? I'd take that over the lion.

It really would've been a nice way to make the Mii Plaza relevant. Although, some Mii Plaza outfits are actually more than hats. All I can think of are the Link costume and Tanooki suit.

...No.

I meant along with various other outfits, that the Mii plaza ones are available as well, guessing by a pic of the day by Sakurai showing Meta Knight and Samus hats that look exactly like the ones from Mii plaza.

Also if I'm not mistaken, a public demo of Super Smash Bros. 4 the 3DS comes out tomorrow, September 19. I'm extremely excited to play all the new content and what not and have some of my funnier Miis like Barack Obama, duke it out with the likes of Mario and Sonic.

Barack Obama? Hm. He might be a worthy opponent to Borat...or Goku...or Darth Malak...or a good Mii version of the villager.

Hmm... this is quite the most puzzling Mii I've ever seen.

MB9PsEO.jpg

He'll be a swordfighter based on his fencing skills shown many a time against Descole, especially in the movie where Layton fought off the bladed scoundrel with only a pipe.

Being a newcomer to Smash, it's quite safe to say the 3DS demo is pure fun and nothing but. I really do like how every character plays out so far, and it only heightens my hype for the full game, whatever it will be called in the end (seriously, is it staying as "SSB for 3DS/for Wii U"? I always thought that was a placeholder name, but I guess I'm wrong).

Being a newcomer to Smash, it's quite safe to say the 3DS demo is pure fun and nothing but. I really do like how every character plays out so far, and it only heightens my hype for the full game, whatever it will be called in the end (seriously, is it staying as "SSB for 3DS/for Wii U"? I always thought that was a placeholder name, but I guess I'm wrong).

The 3DS version is already out in Japan, and the name stuck. "Super Smash Bros for 3DS." I was disappointed at first, but then I realized it's actually a clever pun.

Super Smash Bros for 3DS

for - four

Super Smash Bros 4, 3DS

The 3DS version is already out in Japan, and the name stuck. "Super Smash Bros for 3DS." I was disappointed at first, but then I realized it's actually a clever pun.

Super Smash Bros for 3DS

for - four

Super Smash Bros 4, 3DS

Huh, never thought of it like that. Still would've preferred the subtitle of a fighting term, honestly; but in the end, the simplicity of a game's name wouldn't change my opinion on it, especially in a well-known and praised series of fighting games like this.

So, I was playing the demo, and I think it's pure awesomeness. Playing against a bot at level 3, feels like Brawl. Playing a bot at level 5-7, feels like Melee.

"Level...9" - Leader of Star Command, Buzz Lightyear movie

Feels very high speed actiony. I like all the characters in the demo, even Mario, who has the same moves and who I despised in Brawl, appeals to me in gameplay. Megaman is great in some aspects, my only complaint is that he has too much projectile attacks, but it fits his character I guess. Villager is by far the best character in the demo in my opinion.

I can't wait for the full game, "and it is going to be, fantastic..." - tenth doctor

The name still disappoints me somewhat. I'm aware of the pun but a fighting term subtitle would have been great.

I thought the demo was okay. It's hard to get a feel for it with a CPU, and the button layout of the 3DS made a familiar game feel harder to get used to. Otherwise, it feels like the weight is some medium between Melee and Brawl's psychics.

Yeah, I can't be the only one who thinks the default shoulder button placements are backwards.

Using a circle pad doesn't feel right to me, so I'll probably just wait till the WiiU version comes out.

Yeah, I can't be the only one who thinks the default shoulder button placements are backwards.

Using a circle pad doesn't feel right to me, so I'll probably just wait till the WiiU version comes out.
Ah! I thought I was the only one bothered by the circle pad.

Yeah, I was complaining about the grab and shield buttons earlier in the thread. I've adapted since then, but the 3DS still isn't optimal for controlling Smash. With Bayonetta 2 coming out next month, I've decided to pass up the 3DS version and just get the Wii U version when it comes out in November.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back