What a great game!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ArexonsF1

Hi, i'm new here, I joined this forum because i'm simply amazed at the game! It justs beats many other Sonic games out there! Well, let me begin with what i liked:
*Game-engine, it's just what it should be, and the 3d works very well!
*The character moves, there are good moves to beat the enemies! defeating Eggman with KTE is just very nice!
*Stages are well made, with lots of variety and secrets!
*It's fun afterall!

Dislikes:
*The character is too slippy, sometimes it's hard to climb on narrow platforms!
*KTE animations are not as well-done as the other characters
*Too short (but i didn't unlçock almost anything)

What are my suggestions?
*Story between stages
*A Online time attack system, i mean, when you complete the stage it generates a file, or a code, that can be used to post your time on a online scoreboard
*Built-in editors :P

What i liked to do is using that Sonic heroes wad, that just made the game even better! Now Castle Eggman became a much more exciting stage! and the last battle with him becomes just epic! Also, I noticed that, if this Sonic heroes wad isn't available at srb2.org, then there must be other add-ons out there. Does somenone know of Shadow and Espio? :roll: If not, I'd like to what should I do to make a Espio for SRB2, i mean, how to give him at least the skill to climb walls. Well, anyway, it's a great game, and everybody behind him are true masters of the code, congratulations guys!

On behalf of the SRB2 community, I'd like to say THANK YOU! I have never seen anyone so appreciative and supportive in...ever. We need more people like you around. Welcome to the SRB2 community.

SRB2 is supposed to be in the style of the classic Sonic games (1, 2, 3, CD, and Knuckles), so there probably aren't going to be story scenes between the stages, unless maybe they're just little things like in S3K (falling into the water in Hydrocity Zone, etc.). In-game editors are not technically possible because of the way the maps are stored, I'm sorry to say.

Have you played Mystic Realm yet? It's a new collection of single player levels. They don't have as many secrets as SRB2's levels, but they give you something more to do.

Just so you know, Knuckles' sprite is temporary, and it is a demo, hence why it is short. 3 zones isn't exactly a game, after all.

There were two people trying to make a Shadow, but sadly it seems they've since given up. Espio has never been attempted.

To make a sprite, first you must actually draw it. If you make a good sprite, it is almost guarunteed that someone will help you with the technical aspects of putting it in the game. Do note that there is a 256 color palette and I'd love to see Espio, myself, but you'd have to draw all the frames first (and there are a LOT)

There is a Shadow skin. I'm not sure whether it's done or not, though. It was being made by someone in the SRB2 community who goes by the name "shadow."

it should be know that I was viewing the message board looooonnnng before i actually joined. And the fact that i was on IRC before that helps. I've been playing SRB2 for about 2 years now as well, soooooooo....

I've already tried the Mystic realm maps, they're nice, but i think the original ones are better. About the in-game editors, i didn't mean built in, i meant like a pack that came together, like neverwinter nights' Aurora Toolset. I could try drawing Espio, but how could I see the original game sprites for me to know all the angles?

*EDIT*: If I create a character, can I use it in single-player game?

Keep in mind that the rules topic was posted to every forum. Also, the rules were previously posted on the message board before it died and was rejuvenated, so a lot of people had already seen them.

although i only played the demo once i agree that even in the present state the game kick some major ass. i only realised that it was a demo when i completed the game. I look forward the final release as much as i look forward sonic heroes. Congratulation to all those who worked on it.

Some question about the final release, will it keep the unlockable from the demo? And with all the wad/extra level that have been done for the game, will some of them be included in the final thing?

1) I highly doubt that any of the extra goodies in Final Demo will make the cut. The only level I can actually imagine worth keeping in the final game is Sonic into Dreams. Castle Eggman Zone may resort to being a hidden level or something.
2) The WADs will be incompatible with future demos and the final game, unless someone converts them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back