Pokemon:Black&White

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm really thinking about not getting B&W. I got HG and I actually got bored with it. The newer games don't seem as fun to me for some reason. I'd rather sell the newer DS games than sell my older ones.
BTW I have Silver, Firered, Emerald, Diamond, Platinum, and HeartGold.
I guess it looks fun but like most people have said, the games are getting more and more uninspired.

Last edited:
Though, Heartgold was just a remake of an older game. The producers didn't want it to stray away from the original either.

With Black and White, you get a totally new original game. This also includes new gimmicks and Pokemon.

I thought he evolved into Doduo and then Dodrio.

Nope, not really.

I'm kinda wondering how much is really going to be changed since the first gen when I last played the series. I've heard that the system is far more complex, many more types, and this whole notion of three pokemon fighting simultaneously looks crazy to me. However, watching the Touhoumon LP seems almost exactly the way I remember it... except of course for the fact its a hack.

There are some people who would agree with me, only most of them are not the ones who would risk administrator or moderator action against them for exposing you as the idiot you are.
I'm grateful to know I'm an idiot. Someday, we'll look back on this, laugh nervously and change the subject.

thumb_reshiram_zekrom_mijumaru_toys.jpg

http://www.gonintendo.com/viewstory.php?id=129523
More leaked figurines.

They are still not confirmed to be real. Lets wait for an official announcement before jumping the wagon.

I want that Wotter one so I can paint over his mouth with white then paint another mouth that's a smile over it. Then my life would be complete and I could die a happy man, so long as I can wait out the next 60+ years.

Moar info:

- "Live Caster" is a DSi/3DS feature that allows for 4-player (local wireless) and 2-player (Wi-fi) video chat.
- The order in Triple Battles affects damage calculation for moves that hit multiple Pokemon, i.e. Earthquake, Surf.
- The High Link feature is a place in the middle of the Isshu region that is a massive overworld hub and where you can "offer assistance in the form of missions".
- New attack named Magic Room that negates the effects of items on all Pokemon.
- New bird Pokemon is Woogiru. It is the Valor Pokemon and is a Normal/Flying type, with the abilities Keen Eye and Encourage (the one previously seen on Hihidaruma; boosts powers of attacks but puts probability of additional effects to 0%). It also has a new attack called "Freefall"; said attack is a two-turn attack in which the user lifts both itself and its opponent up high and then slams into the ground the next turn.
- The pink floral Pokemon Munna has an evolution named Musharna, which "has a secret" having to do with something called Dream Smoke that involves a Game Sync and presumably uploads your save file and connects to the Pokemon Global Link site.
- One of the Pokemon revealed last week, Gochiruzeru, is Psychic type and has two abilities, one of which being Magic Guard. However, this is not entirely confirmed at the moment due to how small the image is.
- The small green Pokemon revealed via one of the toys is named Kibago.
- The new bat Pokemon, Koromori, is a Psychic/Flying type.
- The main character has two childhood friends, possibly rivals: the blonde-haired Beru and the bespectacled Cheren.
- The version specific areas have been confirmed: Black City and White Forest.
- The character we saw with the character portrait in one of the videos is referred to as "N".
Some of this info is on Serebii.net.

More reasons to upgrade to DSi/3DS. Video chat seems like a cool idea.

Last edited:
Wait, what? Silver? He's in this game?
Also, who's N? I'm not sure if I've seen the portrait. :/

I laughed at "Who's N" and the thing before it said.
- The character we saw with the character portrait in one of the videos is referred to as "N".
I'll ask what the Silver comment meant.

Last edited:

Yes that Silver, who else am I talking about?
I don't know who N is because I've been in Europe for the last three weeks with hardly any internet. So can someone tell me who this person is or show me the portrait?
I can't be bothered with the poor excuse of a YouTube app on my iPod.

Edit: Okay, I've seen N. But...
If N is a guy...
Why does Silver have a crush on...
o.O

Last edited:
Man, these games get more and more uninspired each generation.

I wonder how many more it's gonna take for the fans to realize that.

The entire point of Pokemon sequels is that they keep the same basic formula and just add to it. It's like complaining a Tetris rehash doesn't do anything special-simple fun gameplay is simple fun gameplay. If it's not that for you, fine, but the formula doesn't need to be "inspired", it just needs to be fun, and people find it fun.

Oh, also, that Dragon/Electric thing looks awesome and I want a playset.

The entire point of Pokemon sequels is that they keep the same basic formula and just add to it. It's like complaining a Tetris rehash doesn't do anything special-simple fun gameplay is simple fun gameplay. If it's not that for you, fine, but the formula doesn't need to be "inspired", it just needs to be fun, and people find it fun.

Well, I can stick to just R/B/Y just as well as I can with Tetris. Why can't anyone else?

Well, I can stick to just R/B/Y just as well as I can with Tetris. Why can't anyone else?

Because the original 151 were broken, the mechanics were too simple, and several attacks were annoying (All crit chance boosted attacks crit frequently, Wrap was ridiculous)? The metagame didn't really get going till GenIII, and GenIV gave it quite the boost. It's really to the point where the game itself is just a giant tutorial you can't skip and the metagame was the real game. If you're just in to bear the Elite 4 again, there honestly isn't much to look forward to.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back