Master Server Rules

Status
Not open for further replies.
I got a question,

What if you are doing roleplay, but just acting as you finish the levels?

Is it a ban, or not?

no what i mean is like:
___________________________________________________________|
Like That...

Would they still be banned?

Why not just make gametypes called chat or hangout or RPG or something, I only play ctf but I love RPGs I only do not make them because rules.

and mystic I hate to say it but chating a story while winning is not wasting the bandwith,
they are still trying to win?
so why would that be a problem?

miles305678 said:
Why not just make gametypes called chat or hangout or RPG or something, I only play ctf but I love RPGs I only do not make them because rules.
Only works as a joke. They just waste bandwidth. RPG can waste bandwidth if you don't do it completing the levels as normal and such.

Seriously, if you want to do that, use private servers! >_<

Oh because I am making srb2 city scorpion version

with a huge map,
battle challenges,
races,
buying items,
betting on races/battles,
jobs,
random enemy attacks, (Like where the city is invaded and players have to save it, oh and yes your rewarded for your help,)
and the hardest thing.....making to where people can join with their characters without the host having it,
(I'm also working on godmod stoppers, not that this would matter unless you exepted a race/battle with them in one of 7 areanas.)
this means it will be a major mod,
like jte acid missile and mystic realm,
the hull mod will be based around the city mode,
I may be finished in 2 to 3 months,
but because masterservers ban on RPGs,
and when mystic says you can be ban for pretending your sonic and your freind is tails and chatting a little though the levels like your talking,
because he says its a rpg,
so I will not be able to host it on master server people who use the wad would have to play by ip,
that is until I make CAN'T SAY SITE NAME, a site I plan to make with game servers downloads videos games to play and my show, but thats a dream thats 2000 USD price tag may never come.

What you say is allowed. A mod can have a storyline, and that's perfectly allowable. The thing is that players should stick to the storyline basis given by the mod. They shouldn't try to do even more roleplaying than that.

Exactly. The server would be allowed as long as it isn't hang-out (which from what you've said your mod isn't) and it follows the rules of whatever thing is being played (either the normal game or a mod).

In brief, what Logan says goes, if you don't like it, don't use the master server.

Draykon said:
The Master Server is not a democracy, it is a dictatorship, and Logan is the head dick.

I love how it's worded like something that'd end up on 4chan.

Anyways, I'm really worried about the potential for abuse said rules has. We best be careful with accepting ban reports.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back