Restricted Cavern Zone [UPDATE]

Status
Not open for further replies.

blahblahbal

Act 3 FTW!!
Okay, here's a redo of my best match level. It's probably horrible, and I don't really need you to tell me that. What I DO need you to tell me is where I can improve. Please do so, and any criticism on my level design is also welcome. I am trying to change, whether you believe it or not. I do not know if I have accomplished this.

UPDATE: I changed the brightness level in the map, and added a few rings floating in midair, along with changing almost the whole texture scheme.

BETA 3 UPDATE: Fixed incorrect naming convention, fixed ugly textures(I hope) and fixed a ramp sector problem, as well as added S3K GFX to parts of it and changed the rings.

Attachments

• mt_restrictedcavern.zip
    84.6 KB · Views: 398
Last edited:
Because you gave me pointers about the level about six months ago. I doubt you remember that, but you did. It was a lengthy PM on IRC.

Oops! Yeah, that sometimes happens if the nodebuild screws up. I didn't notice because I loaded it up via SRB2 Doom Builder and that built the nodes correctly. blahblahbal, please build the nodes of your map again and re-upload it.

Okay, I've fixed it. Also, I'm thinking I might put some rings in the air for Tails and Knux like the official match levels. Would this be a good idea? Someone also said that having a random monitor in a match level is a bad thing, and that changing to say, a super ring monitor with a random flag(or whatever does that) would be better. I'm thinking about putting a PSSP up in the box as well.

Someone also said that having a random monitor in a match level is a bad thing, and that changing to say, a super ring monitor with a random flag(or whatever does that) would be better.
Not quite. You have three WRMs in your map, but all of them have (pretty powerful) shields as their base item. I would suggest Super Rings as the base item, because shields are too powerful to be spawned on the map in that quantity. The Random Monitor should be changed to an SRM, because you don't have one of those yet. You make those with the Object Special flag, which is already checked, in fact. For this one, you can use a shield as a base item, but preferably a not-too-strong one. Oh, and you have awfully few Super Ring boxes on the map. Add a few more.

I'm thinking about putting a PSSP up in the box as well.
A what?

A Power Stone Spawn Point...the old name for a Match Chaos Emerald Spawn. And I wouldn't recommend that...making Chaos Emeralds appear inside a box is just weird. They should be added liberally throughout a level, of course, and you can never have too many, but you should be sensible about where you place them. Also, a proper MCES has the Float flag checked, just like Rings, so the emerald would appear directly above the box, which wouldn't look right.

Last edited:
Oh what I mean by box is if you play the level, there's a box that's only accessible to Sonic by a series of springs, which makes you vulnerable at that time to get the SRM. I figured that this would be a good idea to have a downside to getting the SRM in the map as Sonic. It shouldn't just be easy to get, otherwise people would be getting it all the time. Also, thoughts on the rings in midair? And I'll do that thing with the SRM and WRMs.

Last edited:
Oh what I mean by box is if you play the level, there's a box that's only accessible to Sonic by a series of springs, which makes you vulnerable at that time to get the SRM. I figured that this would be a good idea to have a downside to getting the SRM in the map as Sonic. It shouldn't just be easy to get, otherwise people would be getting it all the time.
I understood the box part just fine. It was the PSSP abbreviation that I didn't recognize.

I was referring to Fawfulfan's misunderstanding. I've fixed the SRM and WRM problem, now I'm going to put some rings in midair. Also, music choice. Does it work, or is it too ear-raping? If so, any suggestions?

EDIT: Update, read info please.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back