SRB2 Message Board  

Go Back   SRB2 Message Board > Sonic Robo Blast 2 > Releases > Lua

Changable Secondary Colors Details »»
Changable Secondary Colors
Developer Last Online: Nov 2017

Category: Version: SRB2 Rating: (2 votes - 3.80 average)
Released: 08-24-2014 Last Update: Never Installs: 2
Scripts Re-Useable Content Sprites/Graphics Is in Beta Stage

To use, type in "secondcolor [colorname or number]" or colorb. (secondcolor2 or colorb2 if splitscreen player)

Spoiler: Changelog
0.8: First released version.
0.9: Tails and splitscreen support added.
0.95: Knuckles and support for Sharp (sprites for character wads are in secondcolor_custom.wad) added.
0.975: Added support for Shadow the hedgehog, with a great deal of help from speedwagon.
0.9875: Added support for FSonic. May my legs remain as intact as possible.
0.99: Hey Dirk. When I said I wasn't going to put an update out just to fix TD? I lied.

Spoiler: Known Bugs, in order of priority
Shoe appears over shields. (must be fixed before 1.0 comes out!)
Chaos Control with shadow does not work properly if second color is loaded before shadow.
Lua breaks for new joiners as spectators. (I might have fixed this? may need confirmation.)
--Likely unsolvable--
The shoe color does not change on the after image from speedshoes or super forms.
OpenGL does not support 2 player splitscreen.
OpenGL causes slight graphical shifting of the sprite overlay, causing the original shoe color to leak through.

Spoiler: Future Plans
Add a menu to allow for colors to easily be modified by the player
Add more than a second color, but this might become a bit excessive if done.
Ensure that Second Color changes Endsigns, lifemonitors, and hud icons accordingly.

Download Now

File Type: zip secondcolor.zip (221.4 KB, 743 views)

Supporters / CoAuthors

Show Your Support

• The author of this addon has given explicit permission for its content to be re-used and/or reproduced.

Comments
Old 09-10-2016   #42
Demnyx Onyxwing
Wishes to change his name

I've made a fix for this not appearing behind the shield, but unfortunately it doesn't work in OpenGL because it uses DispOffset.
Demnyx Onyxwing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2016   #43
Chompy_Z_Garchomp
All-Time Pokemon Hero

Mayhaps you could add support for Tails CD? You don't have to if you don't want to; it's just that since F. Sonic has support for secondary colors, it would make sense for Tails CD to have support for it as well.
Old 10-19-2016   #44
frozenLake

I literally just posted this on the last page.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomekop View Post
Alright, so I figured I would post some clarification about me adding support for custom characters.
If you are the creator of a custom character wad, you can send me a PM or post here with a request for me to add support. Otherwise, I will not be adding support for any more characters.
I would like to ask for people /not/ to beg the authors of wads to post a request here, as that is incredibly rude.

I still reserve the right to turn down support for characters, but chances are, if its released on the message board, I'd add support for it anyway, but really, I'm just covering my bases so people with poorly made wads that managed to get released on the skybase or something don't get on my case for not adding support for it.
frozenLake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2016   #45
Chompy_Z_Garchomp
All-Time Pokemon Hero

I know, but it was Lat that made the wad. Anyway, hope the next version adds support for Tails CD. *fingers crossed*
Old 10-19-2016   #46
SANICBOOM644
Blue Hedgehog Acceleration

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chompy_Z_Garchomp View Post
Mayhaps you could add support for Tails CD? You don't have to if you don't want to; it's just that since F. Sonic has support for secondary colors, it would make sense for Tails CD to have support for it as well.
It really doesn't make sense for TailsCD to be ported since he's just another character wad that isn't ever going to be updated again and isn't really good as FSonic. (no offense to Lat)
SANICBOOM644 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2017   #47
frozenLake

Oh look: A tiny, insignificant update that didn't take much time to do has been made.

It loads FSonic's secondcolor frames as sonics if playing Top Down... but you still need to load secondcolor_custom.wad.
Old 02-16-2017   #48
GliderTheGliscor
The #1 Gliscor

So what version's next? 0.995? 1.0?

Also, the Lua still breaks for spectators that join the game. In fact, it happened the second I started my offline game with the wad in Match mode:
http://imgur.com/a/sm76S
Old 02-16-2017   #49
frozenLake

That error is misleading, and has no effect on the functionality. Just ignore it.
Old 02-16-2017   #50
GliderTheGliscor
The #1 Gliscor

I guess so. But still, it's annoying as it shows up in the console every time. This error may have been fixed, but the message is the last thing that should be taken care of.
Old 08-19-2017   #51
Latius
Previously known as "ah2190"

This second colour thing would really be helpful if I could get it to work with my planned character (instead of having the white be the primary) and can link secondary colours to main pallet colours as like the default for each of them.

Originally known as Ah2190
Latius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2017   #52
Lach
Latch? Lock?? Lack???

Quote:
Originally Posted by ah2190 View Post
This second colour thing would really be helpful if I could get it to work with my planned character (instead of having the white be the primary) and can link secondary colours to main pallet colours as like the default for each of them.
You can still do this with your own Lua scripting. You just need to set up an overlay object for your character that uses another set of recolorable sprites (similar to the way secondcolor does it with the shoe sprites) and change the overlay's color depending on what main color the player is.
Lach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2017   #53
CowboyJoseph64
why does this account exist

using this with MD2s is... unfortunate.
CowboyJoseph64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2017   #54
frozenLake

Unfortunately, I can't do anything about that. You will need to take it up with the model creators. Though, if they need permission to make models for this mod, well, hopefully this post counts.