Brick-Force

Status
Not open for further replies.

WedgeStratos

RENEWAL
UPDATE 2-29-12
Just want to make an update, the closed beta has begun! It's a bit overwhelmed, but you'll get the chance in time.

A: New layout on the website rather than a splash screen type of thing.
B: If you were one of the lucky ones who managed to claim a closed beta key, then you’re ready to start playing. Simply download the client, and login using the details that you submitted when you validated your closed beta key.
C: Players who have registered for the closed beta or redeemed a key on our website will need to wait for their accounts to be unlocked before they can access the game. After you have received your registration confirmation e-mail, you will eventually receive another separate e-mail to confirm your account has been unlocked.

There is some awkward issues with the beta. If you registered, you may need to register again to confirm it. You can use the same credentials, it's fine.

Your first email will be to confirm the account.
You'll receive the second of three emails that will tell you your account's registered, verified, and that you'll be able to play the game once you've been unlocked. You'll have links to download the game (both US and EU links) which is a mere 40MB.
Your third email will tell you when it's unlocked for you to play.

So if you're registered, watch for the login unlock. Or if you got a beta key, well, have fun!

Now about the game...

Brick-Force... is it Minecraft? Roblox? Terraria? It's possibly a part of all of it.

tumblr_lzb60w0wpG1roffyqo1_500.png

Announcement video here.

So what is Brick-Force? It's an upcoming free-to-play first-person shooter styled around building the battleground, customizing your character, and jumping into the real gameplay akin to Counter-Strike or TF2. The game is being made by EXEgames of Korea and localized by Infernum Productions.

As stated by Infernum...
This sandbox fun-shooter allows players to create worlds and maps that they’ve always dreamed of, brick by brick. They can also share these virtual playgrounds with community and use them as the backdrop for fast paced shooter hunts against fellow players or computerized opponents. This comic style online game is built on the ‘Unity 3D’ engine and will be playable directly in a web browser. The ‘sandbox’ mode, in which players use simple building blocks to construct complex environments, can be played on social networks and mobile devices such as smartphones and tablets. Brick-Force is being developed by Korean game developer EXE Games as a co-production with Infernum. Beta and launch of the free-to-play title in Europe and North America are planned for spring 2012.

For another thing, you can customize your character with both cosmetic and aesthetic changes, from the face or colors, to your weapons and stats, etc.

You can check out their website here.
You can see their blog here.
You can watch a great "WTF Is" on the game by TotalBiscuit here.
Finally, register here for the closed beta, starting February 28th.

Discuss it, but leave the bashing, bias, and "THIS IS A MINECRAFT RIPOFF GTFO" crap out.

EDIT: If you've signed up for the beta, watch out for an e-mail designed like this: http://puu.sh/hEDo
The e-mail gives info about the game, and says players who sign up for the beta receive instant content. The bottom of the e-mail leads to a link to be used by those who registered to share with others, in order to spread the word, and receive the "B-Hammer."

Last edited:
Discuss it, but leave the bashing, bias, and "THIS IS A MINECRAFT RIPOFF GTFO" crap out.

I think we are all entitled to our own opinions thank you very much, but this certainly does look interesting. I wouldn't mind trying this out actually.

I think we are all entitled to our own opinions thank you very much, but this certainly does look interesting. I wouldn't mind trying this out actually.

I realized that everyone has an opinion, but if it involves attacking this because it looks similar to Minecraft, or you see many things that you don't like and start comparing it in every sense to Minecraft, it won't be something to tolerate. If there's subtle bits of talk around it, that's fine, but going in-depth on your preferences, situation of why Minecraft is better, that sort of thing, those people'd best lurk instead.

Registered.

It looks like the game could attract a following. The whole free to play style is probably going to bring in a ton of users.

Will they release for Google Native Client? I can't run Unity Web Player.

I'm pretty sure not. I read through the EXE Games site (Korean translations, what fun) and they aim to be browser-based Unity for spectacle.

And Shadow Hog, the "free to play" aspect hopefully doesn't cause too much of an issue. TotalBiscuit recommended to the developers/localization team that they not go the route of using a microtransaction system in such a way to waste the F2P users' times, if they can't unlock anything more advanced without dishing major cash. Hopefully, that got through to their heads, and it translates to "TEAM FORTRESS 2" means. That being said, they stated they may not make it exactly like TF2 in which you unlock along the way (it may happen) and they made it sound like you'll buy them, but if not dedicated to the mircotransaction method, then it'll fit to where you'll get game credits to buy the items, and the microtransactions should be just for spending less time, or just for the cosmetic, like TalesRunner does. TalesRunner, being an MMO racer where you and other people run through wacky locales. Their microtransaction system only really gets you a couple exclusive characters, but most everything else is cosmetic. Hopefully, it is going those kinds of routes, and the microtransaction system doesn't fit that ridiculous "I HAVE MONEY SO I'M BETTER" aspect that a game like, say, Battlefield Play4Free does.

Last edited:
Just want to make an update, the closed beta has begun! It's a bit overwhelmed, but you'll get the chance in time.

A: New layout on the website rather than a splash screen type of thing.
B: If you were one of the lucky ones who managed to claim a closed beta key, then you’re ready to start playing. Simply download the client, and login using the details that you submitted when you validated your closed beta key.
C: Players who have registered for the closed beta or redeemed a key on our website will need to wait for their accounts to be unlocked before they can access the game. After you have received your registration confirmation e-mail, you will eventually receive another separate e-mail to confirm your account has been unlocked.

There is some awkward issues with the beta. If you registered, you may need to register again to confirm it. You can use the same credentials, it's fine.

Your first email will be to confirm the account.
You'll receive the second of three emails that will tell you your account's registered, verified, and that you'll be able to play the game once you've been unlocked. You'll have links to download the game (both US and EU links) which is a mere 40MB.
Your third email will tell you when it's unlocked for you to play.

So if you're registered, watch for the login unlock. Or if you got a beta key, well, have fun!

This is honestly one of the worst free to play games I've tried. I've spent around 2 years playing almost every free to play game that came out before ~August 2009 and I can say that this one has to be the game where I have 0 hope for. The game is built around map design, but almost everything cheaply done. Super easy to get stuck in the tutorial. Maps that people make being fixed so one side has an obvious advantage/one side can't move or shoot. Game modes that are not explained well(for instance, CTF. You would think it would be like, normal CTF but it's not. Instead, you have to bring a flag(that's supposed to be in the middle of the map) towards the enemy's base. The game says nothing of it).

If the maps I played weren't user made, then they are horribly done and anyone common sense can see the glaring advantage one team has over another in the maps I played.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back