DS Or PSP?

PSP Or DS?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
You don't need to be a kid to enjoy Mario, and you don't need to be older to enjoy GTA. 'nuff said.

Agreed

And besides...you can play music and movies on a computer, they are gaming systems! And gaming systems should concentrate on games, and the DS has better games...so...

Actually, I've changed my mind: I like both systems. Probably because of all the awesome games for the DS, and how damn easy it is to pirate on the PSP. Also, homebrew. Homebrew PSX emulator, play FFVII on the move. Godly.

I, however, won't buy a PSP. Even with homebrew and all that, I still don't find it worth buying, since just about all features on the PSP are useless to me.

Wow, this thread still exists. I guess I'll post my updated opinion then.

After getting a used PSP from a local friend on the cheap and going through the downgrading to 1.50 and updating to custom firmware process, I've decided it is the ideal homebrew system (rivaled only by GP2x, but this is a DS vs. PSP thread). I also managed to prove myself wrong, there is one commercial game that appeals to me and that is Gitaroo Man. Granted, it's almost a straight port from PS2, but still very good.

Compared to DS homebrew, it's nice having proper SNES and Genesis emulators. There's also the somewhat recent addition of Sega CD emulation with the Picodrive port, and Sony's own built-in PS1 emulator is more or less perfect. I've ripped and converted a number of my old PS1 games and have been particularly enjoying the Spyro series in handheld form.

I've even set up my battery and memory stick so I can easily install custom firmware on any PSP regardless of firmware version. Not that it matters, since now that I bought this one from my friend I'm probably the only person in town with one. :|

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 3, Members: 0, Guests: 3)

Back